Bloody Starship Trooper! - NEW PICS! 09/21

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
EDIT:

SEE LAST POST FOR NEW PICS!

---
I have been working on this project for almost a year now. It started out almost as an afterthought, but has turned into a full-fledged costume that took more time and effort and money than I would have ever guessed possible. I want to give a big thanks to Mirax, Dgasser, SSTCop, and Natty15D for their support. I also want to thank Blastech for making a concept sketch for me that really encouraged me to make this project happen. I want to thank Dustin Crops Boy for bloodying me up at the con and making me positively gross. I want to thank JP05 for al the parts he sent me and the last minute suggestions that put on the finishing touches. Without all of these people, this project would have never been completed.

The suit is a complete screen-used Starship Trooper suit (yes, I chopped holes in a screen used item... get over it). The bug claw sticking out of my chest and back were sculpted by me (the first and probably last thing I will ever sculpt). The blood is all stage blood, and yes, it is sticky and drippy and EXTREMELY nasty. While Starship costumes generally attract a fair amount of attention at a con, the pure shock value of this costume really had heads turning! The best part was all the rude people who bumped into me got a little bit of love passed on with them in the way of blood and gore...

I hope to get some studio pics of this costume to better show it off, but honestly, right now, I can't bring myself to get that nasty and sticky again.

bd_Trooper_01.jpg

bd_Trooper_02.jpg

bd_Trooper_03.jpg

bd_Trooper_04.jpg

bd_Trooper_05.jpg

bd_Trooper_06.jpg

bd_Trooper_07.jpg

bd_Trooper_08.jpg

bd_Trooper_09.jpg

bd_Trooper_10.jpg

bd_Trooper_11.jpg

bd_Trooper_12.jpg

Last edited:
You don't give yourself enough credit for that claw. I saw it up close and felt it, and it's gorgeous! Great execution on the whole outfit, it's great to see the project become a reality after all this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh that is disgusting ! I don't remember this part in Aliens though...

nice nice nice job on this Art, congrats bud !!

You are so welcome. Honestly, watching you and the response from everyone was the highlight of my con. It absolutely rocked and all of your hard work was worth it.

You don't give yourself enough credit for that claw. I saw it up close and felt it, and it's gorgeous! Great execution on the whole outfit, it's great to see the project become a reality after all this time.

I thought we had agreed to keep the "feeling of the claw" PRIVATE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:
Everybody has screen used SST armor these days...I feel so left out.

That looks really awesome! Definatly a complete costume with the bug claw, blood, and gore.

I commend you Brak! :cheers

First off, that's a lot of balls to cut up a screen used item! (y)

Secondly, that is a sweet scuplt of the claw! (y) (y)

Third, the overall effect is both horrifying and realistic! (y) (y) (y)

Awesome SST costume!! (y)

Fantastic!!
I honestly think that staged studio pics would diminish what we've seen so far... gives a much more 'limited edition' quality.

I love the way Turo is gesturing for help in those pics...I don't know, but it doesn't look like you're gonna make it Braks!:lol:

Gee, when I saw Medic Delgado later that evening, his Medic pack was filled with cans of Coors. Is that the medicine you're thinking of? :lol:

Gee, when I saw Medic Delgado later that evening, his Medic pack was filled with cans of Coors. Is that the medicine you're thinking of? :lol:

Hmmm... Maybe those weren't Aleve after all! Makes me wonder exactly what kind of medic he is!

Last edited:
wow, I'm glad you showed these photos. I completely missed the claw in other photos. That is really cool! I love SST, and your costume brings in some of the gore and in-your-face brutality of the films. I dig it.

(y)

Art, your costume rocked... I loved the claw sticking out, it looked great!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back