Black Cat Bone's 2022 ROTJ Boba Helmet

BlackCatBone

Active Hunter
Hi, folks! This summer, after 12 years of not painting a Boba helmet, I decided to order a Bobamaker kit and replace my old, janky helmet.
This was done 100% with Rustoleum rattle cans and Testor's enamel. All the damage was created via the liquid latex peel-off process. I'm pretty happy.
Thanks for looking!

Front.jpgFrontL.jpgFrontR.jpgLSide.jpgRSide.jpgBack.jpgBackL.jpgBackR.jpg

It's for display, You only put the latex on the areas you want to peel off, not the whole helmet.
Sorry, my question may have been poorly worded. I meant how do you keep the edges of the damage effects from deteriorating over time. I also tried to paint in layers on my armor plates and I have the impression that it remains very fragile. Do you use clear coat or anything ?

Sorry, my question may have been poorly worded. I meant how do you keep the edges of the damage effects from deteriorating over time. I also tried to paint in layers on my armor plates and I have the impression that it remains very fragile. Do you use clear coat or anything ?
I do clear coat, but if you're only painting latex in the spots you want to peel off, there should be no further peeling at the edges.

Depending on the area of the armor/helmet and casual wear and tear you're always going to get unattended damage.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back