Best way to secure gauntlets in place?

joe

Hunter
Hey there everyone.

I was curious what solutions people have used to keep their gauntlets in place?

I currently just have a sewn on piece of velcro on my wrists to keep them on the edge of my flight suit. It sort of works, but sometimes I get pretty bad armor bite and when I rotate my wrist, the gauntlet never really follows, so sometimes it looks a bit weird.

I've seen some velcro ties secured with like metal loops that are glued on the inside?

As well as potentially using some foam?

Anyone have some examples of the way they've found works best?

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Gauntlet bite is very common. I plan on using soft furniture foam from Hobby Lobby to help keep the gauntlets in place and prevent rotating. That's what I use on my display mannequin right now.

joe

Hunter
Gauntlet bite is very common. I plan on using soft furniture foam from Hobby Lobby to help keep the gauntlets in place and prevent rotating. That's what I use on my display mannequin right now.
Do you have some photos? Just curious what potential options are since the armor bite is pretty killer on the left gauntlet.

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
I haven't been home this weekend but I can snap you some when I am. Most likely the gauntlet bite on the left is because of the weight of the rocket and the shells being too tight. It's unavoidable from what I've seen/heard for those heavy duty troopers.

I got a smaller bag of this foam for the pockets and inside the gauntlet shells for my build:

Builder

Hunter
I have used Velcro wrist straps mounted inside the gauntlets.They work just fine.Check my thread
Builders ESB Build. I think back on around page 25. Enjoy the building process!

joe

Hunter
I have used Velcro wrist straps mounted inside the gauntlets.They work just fine.Check my thread
Builders ESB Build. I think back on around page 25. Enjoy the building process!
You have a link to your build thread? I can't seem to find it.

joe

Hunter
Hi Joe
Click on Pg. 25 of this forum..should be there.
Ohhh I see it now. Thank you. When I searched for threads by you nothing was showing up.

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
joe
I gotta say, "Gauntlet-Bite", is a term I'm new to. But it sounds unpleasant.
o_O

For my gauntlets, I used Foam Padding and hot glued mine in place. Like so.....
Gauntlet Padding.jpg

And when suited up....unable to see it - also a bonus!
No Gauntlet Padding.JPG

No Gauntlet Padding - 2.JPG

The Velcro Wrist strap sound interesting though.

Regards,
-Iron

BH 32700

New Hunter
I use foam in both. But my left gauntlet is a bit top heavy due to the metal rocket and spins easily out of place. So I have an elastic strap with a release buckle in that one.

The top and bottom are held in place with velcro, with tiny magnets glued inside to help guide them in place. It makes aligning the velcro so much easier when suiting up. Perfect fit every time.