Best method for removing multiple layers of paint from sintra plastic?

mjwierzb

Hunter
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to ask and see if anyone had an opinion on how to best remove multiple layers of paint from sintra plastic? I’m assuming paint stripper is probably the best but I’m not sure how that would react with the plastic. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!

I would probably not use any chemicals on it, because I’m sure it would have an adverse effect on the plastic. Probably your best bet would be sanding off the paint.

Last edited:
I would probably not use any chemicals on it, because I’m sure it would have an adverse effect on the plastic. Probably your best bet would be sanding off and he paint.
Oh man that’ll be a ton of work LOL, any idea on what kind of grit would be best? Something fine or course?

Start with something coarse like 50 grit, then gradually go finer to smooth it out. I often go something like 50 > 120 > 320, with the last one being a wet/dry sandpaper.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back