bcurtis's 501st approved ESB Fett. (BH-53053)

When I was studying the images it seemed to be more like overspray from the jp color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Team!!

This is more or less just to represent a more comparable image representation. Since the dental file is so small it is hard to get a good feel for it's actual color. All that I have tried to do is put the dental file into a larger spectrum and compare that across the jetpack color spectrum. I chose this photo because it is one of the larges files I could find and it is well lit for comparison.

I am still under the impression that the Dental File is more of a blueish tinge in comparison to the varying color of the jetpack.

Maybe someone can do a better and more accurate comparison. I just did this for myself originally but wanted to post to see what others see in this comparison.

View attachment 102806

Did the same thing, but with a more direct approach (my dental file is pasted directly to the jetpack and not surrounded by another color):
ESB Jetpack Dental File Color 2.jpg

The portion pointed by the arrow looks to be in the correct spectrum, while the rest looks a bit different due to lighting and weathering.
Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Dental File comparison.jpg

ESB Jetpack Dental File Color 2.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Dental File comparison.jpg

Interesting theories regarding the color...never paid attention to it before

Did the same thing, but with a more direct approach (my dental file is pasted directly to the jetpack and not surrounded by another color):
View attachment 102817

The portion pointed by the arrow looks to be in the correct spectrum, while the rest looks a bit different due to lighting and weathering.
View attachment 102818

Awesome job RafalFett! And thanks for taking the time to perfect my technique.

Even though you have positioned the dental file over the more lighter and bluer areas of the pack, the dental file (to me) still looks to have a more blue tinge. It is very, very close but this is why I still stand on the side that the dental file is blue with jetpack overspray.

I hope you don't feel I'm arguing this point for the sake of arguing as you are respected and rightfully so for doing amazing research. With that being said, in cases like this the majority rules and if I am the only one who still views it to be more blue than I will agree with the majority for the sake of the community.

First troop with the 501st in the books. An ESB screening at the AFI Silver Theatre in Silver Spring. What a great experience. My garrison mates couldn't have been friendlier. The crowd interaction was wonderful. Vader and I reenacted the famous "No disintegrations" scene in front of the packed theater. Too fun! I even had the pleasure of randomly meeting Art's wife, Kristen who popped in to see ESB on the big screen while she was in town. Small world. The troop was only a little over an hour in costume and I came away unscathed which is always a plus. I did realize that I need to secure the front of the flight suit pant legs to my shins. They fall forward under the weight of the shin tools and cause the bottom of my flight suit to balloon out too much. I'm looking forward to my next troop in Washington D.C. on the National Mall later this month.

Here's some pics from last night. The ESB Vader (Rob) was awesome. Great dude. He was wonderful with the crowd. Anyhow, hope you enjoy the photos.

14195415_10210127518048692_1954240656365070959_o.jpgmarquis.jpgjoin us.jpgelevator.jpgIMG_3260.jpgIMG_3259.jpgbounty.jpg14202637_10154485741416081_1212626649474956355_n.jpg14196197_10210127521568780_6936112893574222182_o.jpgno disintegrations.jpgIMG_3243.jpgIMG_3282.jpgIMG_3286.jpg

Here's a couple of instagram shots I found from the event (some are oversaturated cell phone shots. It was pretty dark in the theater lobby).
afi instagram.jpgafi instagram 2.jpgafi instagram 3.jpg

IMG_3273-C.jpg

14195415_10210127518048692_1954240656365070959_o.jpg

14196197_10210127521568780_6936112893574222182_o.jpg

14202637_10154485741416081_1212626649474956355_n.jpg

bounty.jpg

elevator.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

join us.jpg

marquis.jpg

no disintegrations.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

afi instagram.jpg

afi instagram 2.jpg

afi instagram 3.jpg

Wow ! Awesome ! ......I bet your cheeks are hurting from smiling ear to ear under that bucket ! .

Man, your troop pics look great, you really wear it well. Size/proportion wise to Vader, you two look like the real deal! Awesome fun.

awesome pics! How was the visibility? I can't wait to get mine finished. If you don't mind, can you post some pics of how you connected the cod and kidney pieces and maybe the back plate? Trying to get more ideas and I'm scared to start trimming. haha...I don't know how much to take off the back plate. thanks

awesome pics! How was the visibility? I can't wait to get mine finished. If you don't mind, can you post some pics of how you connected the cod and kidney pieces and maybe the back plate? Trying to get more ideas and I'm scared to start trimming. haha...I don't know how much to take off the back plate. thanks

Thanks man! Visibility is fine. Of course you need to watch out for really small kids since they come out of nowhere. The cod and kidney are held together by the key/stud bits. i also added two snaps to both the front and back of the flight suit to keep them from slipping downward. Can't help you with the back plate since I didn't have to take any off.

I'm sure it's not as bad as the stormtrooper armor. haha...okay thanks for the tips.

Thanks man! Visibility is fine. Of course you need to watch out for really small kids since they come out of nowhere. The cod and kidney are held together by the key/stud bits. i also added two snaps to both the front and back of the flight suit to keep them from slipping downward. Can't help you with the back plate since I didn't have to take any off.

Quick update. I made a new cape (thanks JbDubz!) and added the missing weathering from the left chest plate. I was supposed to do a huge troop yesterday but kidney stones ruined that, so I decided to get SOMETHING out of the day. I took a few photos of where the suit is now. I'm almost ready to call it done.

IMG_3379.jpgIMG_3408.jpgIMG_3407.jpgIMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back