Base Jango Boots

TD2253

Active Hunter
Hi All!

I know the Bedford Stus and the Kenneth Cole Pit Crew and Kilimanjaros are really hard to find nowadays but here are some boots that might pass for Jango boots. They are GBX boots from Journey's, check em out!

1_59726_FS.jpg

Here is the link to Journey's online store

http://www.journeys.com/catalog_detail.aspx?c=vendors&s=guys/GBX&id=59726

I wonder if it's possible to take a dremmel with a little drum sander and "round" off the insides of the lugs on the soles and make them deeper without damaging the material. Hmm...

I wonder if it's possible to take a dremmel with a little drum sander and "round" off the insides of the lugs on the soles and make them deeper without damaging the material. Hmm...

I have done something like this with boots. I needed to remove the logos that were molded into the sole.

I heated the sole with a heat gun until it started to really smell like the rubber was going to burn(it won't, It just releases gas when the microscopic bubbles pop from the heat), then I used a wooden dowel fitted to a shaft that goes into a drill, and let friction do the work for me. The rubber just rubs off onto the dowel like winding up some ribbon onto a spool. What is left may need some sanding with a drum sander, but this will remove more material without wasting 3 or 4 sanding drums. I don't know how a dremel will fare because I didn't use one for this, but a corded drill worked nicely with little sanding.

Try it on some old sneakers or something first.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back