Attaching Ears and Rangefinder, HELP!!!

pthalken

New Hunter
I have a friend that 3D printed a helmet for me. The print only has half of the ears I guess, I am not super knowledgeable about 3D printing and since he gave it to me for free I was just happy to have a helmet to work on. I really want to put on a rangefinder and fill out the 'ears' somehow. Does anyone have suggestions on parts to buy and methods for attachment so that I can get a rangefinder going on this thing.

20190811_081041.jpg

it was my first attempt. I am aware that the helmet is not a Boba helmet, and the colors are probably not correct either. It's just for fun, not trying to get certed or anything like that.

Hello and welcome to the hunt, As you are aware isn't a fett helmet and has a few issues, shape and size etc. I am not sure ir you know but the half an ear that is attached is on the wrong side of the helmet. This project may be a lost cause I am afraid to say if you haven't got the remaining pieces.

Hello and welcome to the hunt, As you are aware isn't a fett helmet and has a few issues, shape and size etc. I am not sure ir you know but the half an ear that is attached is on the wrong side of the helmet. This project may be a lost cause I am afraid to say if you haven't got the remaining pieces.
From what I can tell it is actually a The Mandalorian print, I just went with the Boba Fett flavor because it was the first time I tried painting a helmet and I wanted something to reference. I don't see the shape and size as an issue because it's just for fun. I am not trying to make it a Boba replica. It is totally not a lost cause. With enough time, patience, bondo, sandpaper, and paint. You can make anything work. Where there is a will there is a way my dude!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back