As You Wish Artist Highlight - Arturo Delgado

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-header.jpg

Welcome to another Artist Highlight from the As You Wish Helmet Project! This helmet along with 49 others will be displayed a Star Wars: Celebration VI in Orlando, FL from Aug 23-26. Starting Thursday, August 23 these helmets will be auctioned on eBay by the Make-A-Wish Foundation with 100% of the proceeds going to support Make-A-Wish.

Please be sure to LIKE us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/asyouwishproj

Artist Overview
arturo-delgado.jpg
Artist: Arturo Delgado

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/arturoseeker

TDH: Tell us a bit about yourself.

Delgado: I'm a Graphic Designer at a publishing company in Illinois. I have an awesome hobby, striving to replicate accurate costumes and props from all movie genres, especially Boba Fett! I have been collecting armor parts for over 10 years and to this day, I have yet to finish a Boba costume. One day.

TDH: What drew you to the As You Wish Helmet Project?

Delgado: Since my TK Helmet from Celebration 5 made such an impact, I was asked to be part this new project. I'm very happy and grateful of be part of it!

as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-concept-art.jpg
TDH: What was your inspiration for The East Platform?

Delgado: In the beginning I had a number of ideas and wanted something to tie Fett with his roots. I initially planned to create a design inspired by Clint Eastwood. However, while browsing the Star Wars Chronicles for ideas, I realized how much Boba's ship's (Slave I) side profile looked like his helmet. I sketched out a few designs and it appeared to work!

TDH: Tell us a little about the process of creating this helmet.

Delgado: I needed a good ship, with accurate details for the parts. I used some of the parts from a Jango Fett Slave I toy from Episode 2 and merged the toy into the helemet. It took a while, but it finally came out exactly how I imagined it. With the help of friends, I was able to find other parts needed for the display such as the round platform (for which this artwork is named and the 1978 toy Boba inside the cockpit.

TDH: Now that the helmet is finished, if there is one thing you could change or do differently, what would it be?

Delgado: I'm very happy with it. It is exactly how I imagined it.

TDH: With your helmet finished, what is your next project?

Delgado: My next project? There are too many to mention!

The finished The East Platform:
Click images for a closer view. This helmet will be available for sale via eBay starting Thursday, August 23 with 100% of the proceeds going to support Make-A-Wish.
as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-01.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-05.jpg

as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-02.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-08.jpg

as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-03.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-07.jpg

as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-04.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-06.jpg

Detail photos of the The East Platform:
as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-09.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-10.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-11.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-12.jpg

as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-13.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-14.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-15.jpg as-you-wish-helmet-arturo-delgado-16.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back