As Promised, my Scratchbuilt EE-3 (20 images)


Active Hunter
Ok, so I have been promising photos of my scratchbuilt EE-3. As promised, here they are. Sorry about the size, but I wanted you too see why I am so proud. of course, I do not have the finished images up yet. Since these photos were taken, I have sanded down the wooden ... bars that are on the barrel so they are now smooth as silk.

I would like some honest opionions as I put a lot of work into this bad boy and I love it.





















Yes, I agree. I am so glad I built it from scratch and not a kit. may not be accurate, but I made it, lol. Of course, eventually, I will breakdown and buy a kit.
Looking good!
I'm planning to make mine from scratch also - Good to know someone else has already done such a good job!

What have you used there?
My plan was:

Toy / replica revolver for the base gun
Grips replaced with wood, and extended to stock
Barrel extended with dowel or metal pipe
Barrel sleeve attached over that
Windscreen wiper blades for the "barrel vanes"
And a real airgun scope + rings...
For mine, I used the following:

1 Replica Colt Peacemaker. Wooden grips, working trigger, chamber, hammer.
1 8.5 inch pvc pipe with a 2" circumfrence.
1 adapter for joining PVC pipe together (slightly larger that 2" circumfrence)
1 copper pipe (length is up to you)
1 block of wood for the stock
1 can of Expanding foam sealant (what you would use on drafty windows)
1 small piece of plastic (chamber guard). I used some leftover pickguard plastic

ok. Now, I used TK409's measurements, but since the handgun itself is not correct (not a webley), I had to adjust the measurements to fit my arms. This was just trial and error with construction paper.

I traced the revolver onto the construction paper. I then played with the rest of the measurements until I had a comfortable feel for my arm length.

Once I had the template made, I put the PVC barrel on and filled the tube with the foam. This makes the seal firm and unless you try REALLY hard, the revolver will not come out of the barrel ince dry. A note of caution, underfill with the foam as it expands A LOT.

While that is drying, I went to work on the stock. This was pretty easy, given the bandsaw, router and table sander. Took about 10 or 15 minutes to get cut. I then continued to sand the "indentation" where the stock meets the handle. I cut it to match the shape and size of the grip I had taken off of the gun. Once I had the right fit and feel, I moved on to sanding the stock down to a moderate smoothness. I just have the oddball feeling that if you are Boba Fett, your stock would not be factory smooth. It would beat beat to hell and rough. I left it semi rough, for the time being.

once that was done and the foam was dry, I went to work on the scope. I used copper pipe, wooden blocks and black electrical tape to put it on. Once painted several times and dull coated, you dont see the tape edges.

With that on and the stock attached, I came here and printed out the chamber guard template. I used black pickguard plastic and drew it on with a metallic sharpie. Cut it in the bandsaw, dremeled out the smaller pieces and then I had to curve it to fit. I used my blowtorchto shape it. Again, trial and error. Once I had the fit I liked, I set it up and then drilled under the chamber to allow the screws to fit. Once it was screwed in, the chamber or hammer no longer functioned. The screws hold it in place.

First coats of paint were applied. I used Krylon Satin Black, Krylon Espresso, Krylon Dull Coat and Krylon Metal Primer, which is a ruddy brownish color.

Moving on. i was trying to decide on getting the wiper blades or not and the cost for all of those. So, I sat back and looked around. I have plenty of wood, all types all sizes. So, I decided to use wood instead. I was also in a rush to see a finished product, so that also played a part in my decision. I cut a total of 14 pieces, but only used eight. I lightly sanded them down and attached them with carpenters wood glue. I wrapped tape around them to hold and let it sit there for about an hour.

Played some San Andreas, went back to the EE-3. Once the glue had dried, I pulled off the tape and painted it all over, added the chrome highlights with a testors paint pen and dull coated the whole thing several more times. Added some pieces I had lying around to the stock and that's that.

Last night I finished sanding down the barrell wood to an almost silk feel. This also dulled down the dullcoat and the chrome and now, it looks great. The final pics will be up soon.
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.