As promised, Armor Progress pics

Tim Allen

Well-Known Hunter
Well I figured now is good as anytime to start with some pictures.

Im well underway and thought it would be a good idea to throw up some pictures along the way to the finished product. The shoulder bells are almost complete and im now making a copy off the 1st sculpted one and will then work on the details of each. Enjoy

Rough Mock up
Preshoulder.gif

Smoothing it out
shoulder1-1.gif

Comparison on vest
collar-shoulder006.gif

Latex Mold
moldingbells001.gif

Copy in Wax
Armorbuildup007.gif

Smoothed out, ready for master latex copy.
Shouldercompar.gif

ShoulderWax001.gif

And finally a Rough Mock up of the Ab and Breast plates. Alot of work needs to be done here but the "general" shape is there more or less.
Armorbuildup1-15003.gif

AbPlate1-16007.gif

Armorbuildup010.gif

Im working on a few other projects at the moment so progress will be slow.

-Tim

Hey Tim,

The armor is looking good, but I don't think the screen used armor was made of wax......

J/K :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work, how you do the molds? And the positive, with what materials?

With the shoulder Bells I sculpted then in clay, once the general shape was down then I made a Latex mold off the clay and then poured wax into the Latex. Detailed the wax up by smoothing it out and cleaning up the edges and will now make the "master mold" off this one so i can create 2identical sholder bells. As for the chest pieces, I skipped the sculpting in clay part and cut them out directly in sheet of wax.

PS: Those horses in the backround are a rough mock up for the Gladiator chest armor

Tim

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back