Any experience with RKD armor and NME jetpack?

56Strat

New Hunter
Hey gents, just checking if anyone has had any experience with MonCal Props (RKD) smaller armor and the NME Props Jetpack? I’m 5’6” and a skinny 130lbs, so I need the smallest armor and jetpack available. I like that the armor set with the gauntlets are $416 on Etsy and the Hero cleaned up cast NME jetpack is $340 and they are literally based 5 mins away from me. Other than those 2 makers, are there any others I should check for small armor and jetpack without a 6 month wait queue? I’ll be building a re-painted Fett from MS.2 if that makes a difference. Thank you!

I know this is an old thread but I just received my RKD armor from MonCal Prop Shop on etsy and its simply fantastic. I ordered the undented generic fett armor without gauntlets ( as I already had gauntlets and I'm doing a pre pro 2 fett so I need to add my own unique dents for that armor). I would highly recomend them.
Great customer service, takes about 2 weeks for them to ship bc they don't keep the sets in stock ( made to order) but it was well packed and the parts are perfect.
Back in the day these molds were TOP SHELF, and they still are.
Can't say anything about the jetpack as I don't have one but if you haven't pulled the trigger on RKD armor, don't hesitate, it's beautiful!

I know this is an old thread but I just received my RKD armor from MonCal Prop Shop on etsy and its simply fantastic. I ordered the undented generic fett armor without gauntlets ( as I already had gauntlets and I'm doing a pre pro 2 fett so I need to add my own unique dents for that armor). I would highly recomend them.
Great customer service, takes about 2 weeks for them to ship bc they don't keep the sets in stock ( made to order) but it was well packed and the parts are perfect.
Back in the day these molds were TOP SHELF, and they still are.
Can't say anything about the jetpack as I don't have one but if you haven't pulled the trigger on RKD armor, don't hesitate, it's beautiful!
I ordered them. Chest plates were a little curved, but nothing the heat gun couldn’t fix. I too was pleased with the weight and feel of it.

56Strat,
I ordered a full size jetpack from Coz3D for my ROTJ Fett and while I felt it is more of a budget jetpack, I think it really is a fantastic jetpack. I upgraded it with alot of metal components and working LED beacon that I got from another Etsy user known as QuestDesignCanada. Coz3D also has an older thread on the TDH where they talk about making their jetpack in different sizes - so you may wanna reach out and inquire - they have been really good at getting back to me, usually within an hour or two.

Here is that TDH link: 3D Printed, Boba Jetpack project and link for sales

Coz3D's Etsy store is: Fett inspired Jetpack Kit Fett Fett JetpackFREE US SHIPPING | Etsy
(Looks like they've got a sale on em' too at $250 a JP)

Here is what my Coz3D jetpack looks like in ROTJ style....
JP - Front.jpg

...and with me suited up!
Fett - Facing Sunset.JPG

Fett - Facing away from Sunset.JPG

Again, for being a budget jetpack it certainly has got alot of potential. I'm even taking it a few steps further and am in the process of upgrading it with the bottom jetpack greeblies on either side of the exhaust like you see in this ROTJ Screen Shot...
Boba Fett - ROTJ Screen Shot.jpg

...and here is my attempt at re-creating it.
Bottom JP Greeblies.jpg

I need to weather it up a bit still. In addition, I'm in the midsts of building that connector plug you see in that screen pic too. As I take myself through these exercises I'm actually gearing up for my Boba Maker jetpack that should be in my possession in July/August this year.

Hope this helps!
-Iron

Last edited:
I'll also vouch for MonCal/RKD stuff. Before Will passed away, his stuff was definitely top notch. And to my knowledge, MonCal uses Will's molds. I'm looking at buying from them for a few parts that I don't want to make by hand.

Ya I also ordered my jetpack from Coz3D as well and actually used all of the stalk material that come with it so no upgrades..yet lol here’s a pic when stock parts are used and not replaced

Attachments

• 4614EBA2-A1CC-44A9-B5A2-5CCA851206FE.jpeg
    4614EBA2-A1CC-44A9-B5A2-5CCA851206FE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 162
  • 571F03BF-44B9-4BD4-882D-92A07A93DEC2.jpeg
    571F03BF-44B9-4BD4-882D-92A07A93DEC2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back