And here we go: jedisushi's 501st APPROVED (!) ESB

Lookin' Sharp buddy!
Maybe its just the angle of this shot, but it looks like your lower LED on your chest slid outta place and is off center. (Unless that's the way it is meant to be - I'm not an ESB pro)

Best of luck though!
-Iron

No, you’re correct — it did slide, but I fixed it afterwards. I just used tape in case I ever need to replace the board, but clearly I needed to add some more!

jedisushi
Ah! Very good then! I used Hot Glue to get mine in place, and two years later.....still no issues!
(y)
Iron's Hot Glue Job.jpg

I just did layer upon layer, takes a bit but it thus far hasn't moved an inch!

-Iron

Well it’s been a long journey, but today my application to the 501st was approved, and going forward I will be known as BH-53211!

So many people have been so selfless and generous with help and advice, and I sincerely hope to be able to pay it forward.

I want to give extra thanks to BH-51512 and Chris Stallard, both of whom went above and beyond assisting me with revisions. I can’t thank them enough and would give them both my highest recommendation.

And of course I want to thank my GML, starsaber25, who was so patient and supportive throughout this process.

That’s all for now. At some point soon I think I might like to put together a post-mortem to fill in any gaps in the story in this thread. In the meantime I’d be happy to answer any questions.

And now to find my first troop…

Congratulations! Hope to see you trooping soon! Steve is also my GML, he's currently reviewing my ROTJ Build for approval. Hopefully one day I can check your kit out in person an in action!

Congratulations! Hope to see you trooping soon! Steve is also my GML, he's currently reviewing my ROTJ Build for approval. Hopefully one day I can check your kit out in person an in action!

Good luck! Don't expect to make it through on your first try. Fett is absolutely the most challenging costume to get approved, but with the right attitude it's absolutely worth the effort!

Well it’s been a long journey, but today my application to the 501st was approved, and going forward I will be known as BH-53211!

So many people have been so selfless and generous with help and advice, and I sincerely hope to be able to pay it forward.

I want to give extra thanks to BH-51512 and Chris Stallard, both of whom went above and beyond assisting me with revisions. I can’t thank them enough and would give them both my highest recommendation.

And of course I want to thank my GML, starsaber25, who was so patient and supportive throughout this process.

That’s all for now. At some point soon I think I might like to put together a post-mortem to fill in any gaps in the story in this thread. In the meantime I’d be happy to answer any questions.

And now to find my first troop…
Hooray! So happy it finally happened - welcome to the legion!

Prepare for something to break or not fit right on your first troop. Happens to everyone.

A little late to the game, but CONGRATS!
I'm just finishing up my main ESB Boba armor pieces. Next is the jetpack and helmet.
I'm currently installing my Fettronics system in the chest armor. Where do you run the cabling to?
Do you have an internal chest pocket in your vest?

Helotech
Just as jedisushi stated, I also have an Arkday Vest and she builds her Flak Vests with an internal pocket - which is what I use too....
1711411590981.png

A little cable will be exposed on the inside of the vest - which isn't a big deal. To get the Chest LED Cable Hole I had to get my local alterations lady to do it for me - as that was not provided by Arkady.

:cool: (y)

Cheers,
-Iron

Thanks! I have the same vest. I glued the display in place and simply ran the wire through one of the grommet holes. Hopefully it works. If not, I will cut a small hole.
As a side question: What color are the studs that hold the cod and kidney plates together? It doesn’t mention in CRL and I can’t find info anywhere.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back