A British made Republic commando [project]

RC01101994

New Hunter
I'm starting a project to make a set of Republic commando armour for myself and it's the first time I'm actually making a full costume from scratch as I normally use items I have to hand.

So here's the meat of the post:
I'm needing help with getting hold of accurate drawings and a kit for the helmet, I've been looking around and the helmets are somewhat out of my price range, I've thought about 3D printing one in segments but it won't look all to nice due to leftover support material, the little details can be made in the printer.

I'll be painting the armour in black and hoping to get it 501st certified, or as close as I can make it!

Any help would be appreciated

Edit update: I'm in the process of buying a helmet kit off Ligon on the RPF

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting a project to make a set of Republic commando armour for myself and it's the first time I'm actually making a full costume from scratch as I normally use items I have to hand.

So here's the meat of the post:
I'm needing help with getting hold of accurate drawings and a kit for the helmet, I've been looking around and the helmets are somewhat out of my price range, I've thought about 3D printing one in segments but it won't look all to nice due to leftover support material, the little details can be made in the printer.

I'll be painting the armour in black and hoping to get it 501st certified, or as close as I can make it!

Any help would be appreciated

Edit update: I'm in the process of buying a helmet kit off Ligon on the RPF

Any more updates?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back