501st Fett Standards

Prymer13

Well-Known Hunter
My sons and I are working on separate Fett and custom Mandalorian builds. We are plowing forward have come to a crossroads.

My oldest son is looking to build a Jango Fett build and I'm finishing my ESB Fett. I have already built my knee armor chest, collar and shoulder bells out of Wizardofflights templates on sintra. And we're looking at the same armor options for Jango.

Do we have any chance of getting accepted for membership into the 501st if we move forward with scratch building our armor, gauntlets, and jet pack?

We are striving for accuracy and if this won't be accepted, then we need to reassess our finances to save for armor kits.

I greatly appreciate all of your input and look forward to the replies and guidance.
Thank you all!

IMG_20200202_162231.jpg

So far, that armor looks pretty good for scratch built. The curves aren't bad, and it has the appearance of a return edge, giving it the illusion of thickness and heft. But you should probably reach out to your local GML and even thebhg.com for advice about 501st approval. Even if they say it's a no-go, I would suggest that you at least finish the paint job just to get some practice with it, i.e. layered paint, weathering, etc.

My sons and I are working on separate Fett and custom Mandalorian builds. We are plowing forward have come to a crossroads.

My oldest son is looking to build a Jango Fett build and I'm finishing my ESB Fett. I have already built my knee armor chest, collar and shoulder bells out of Wizardofflights templates on sintra. And we're looking at the same armor options for Jango.

Do we have any chance of getting accepted for membership into the 501st if we move forward with scratch building our armor, gauntlets, and jet pack?

We are striving for accuracy and if this won't be accepted, then we need to reassess our finances to save for armor kits.

I greatly appreciate all of your input and look forward to the replies and guidance.
Thank you all!

View attachment 186070
Hey Prymer,

Make sure you carefully read through the 501st CRL here Costuming:BH jangofett - Databank

The first line of every armor piece description is as follows

armor materials.jpg

Building your Jango armor from Sintra is approvable, as long as it remains accurate in form and shape while also being proportionally correct on the wearer.

I would also suggest not using Silver paint for Jango and go with Silver Leaf Rub N Buff. It is a wax based product that many Jango's use to recreate that metal look.

A good (but also brief) tutorial on how to apply RnB can be seen here

Feel free to make an account over at thebhg.net and get a build thread going as well

Happy Hunting.

Hey Prymer,

Make sure you carefully read through the 501st CRL here Costuming:BH jangofett - Databank

The first line of every armor piece description is as follows

View attachment 186286

Building your Jango armor from Sintra is approvable, as long as it remains accurate in form and shape while also being proportionally correct on the wearer.

I would also suggest not using Silver paint for Jango and go with Silver Leaf Rub N Buff. It is a wax based product that many Jango's use to recreate that metal look.

A good (but also brief) tutorial on how to apply RnB can be seen here

Feel free to make an account over at thebhg.net and get a build thread going as well

Happy Hunting.
Thank you so much for this!
I was looking through the database and trying to find details and wasn't making too much head way.
The armor I have above is my silver- painted base layer for my Boba Fett. I'm laying down some masking fluid for the other layers of paint.

I'm definitely planning on using rub n buff for the Jango.

I have some reading and messages to send to make some head way. This really helps a lot!

Thank you!

Thank you so much for this!
I was looking through the database and trying to find details and wasn't making too much head way.
The armor I have above is my silver- painted base layer for my Boba Fett. I'm laying down some masking fluid for the other layers of paint.

I'm definitely planning on using rub n buff for the Jango.

I have some reading and messages to send to make some head way. This really helps a lot!

Thank you!

your welcome :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back