3rd times a charm: yet another ESB build with lots of scratching'!

Started glassing the back of the JP. Got the first run on it, will hit another one later.

image.jpg6_3.jpg

image.jpg9.jpg

image.jpg1_40.jpg

image.jpg5_3.jpg

Started work on my beacon...

image.jpg7_1.jpg

image.jpg1_39.jpg

This is how I'm assembling my rocket. I used a threaded PVC fitting inside the base, and a bolt/nut in the middle part.

image.jpg2_20.jpg

image.jpg3_14.jpg

image.jpg4_11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how I'm assembling my rocket. I used a threaded PVC fitting inside the base, and a bolt/nut in the middle part.

I'm currently pondering how to attach my rocket as well, it broke in storage so I need a way to put it on and take it off easily. I was planning on a rod on the rocket base that slips into the jetpack but the nut/bolt idea actually sounds better, and easier to do, thanks for the idea. I'm also redoing how my thrusters attach as well, as I want them to pivot but more importantly be removable for more compact storage/transport.

I'm currently pondering how to attach my rocket as well, it broke in storage so I need a way to put it on and take it off easily. I was planning on a rod on the rocket base that slips into the jetpack but the nut/bolt idea actually sounds better, and easier to do, thanks for the idea. I'm also redoing how my thrusters attach as well, as I want them to pivot but more importantly be removable for more compact storage/transport.
I used the bold/nut attachment for thrusters as well. Takes a little longer than the bungee method, but attachment is secure and the revolve easily!

Continued glassing the JP, did a little work on the Gauntlet rocket thing a mabob, and weathered the right shoulder bell and the cod and kidney plate. Not a bad bit of work in the evening.

image.jpg1_41.jpg

image.jpg3_15.jpg

image.jpg2_21.jpg

image.jpg4_12.jpg

Gregory mainst69 As far as I'm concerned, disassembly of the jetpack should be mandatory instruction for all kits. Getting packed up for my first troop last weekend, much to my horror I discovered even the mammoth Husky case I got (barely fits into the back of my Subaru Outback) was almost too small to hold everything, and in no way would the jetpack fit into it assembled. I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here about packing everything up, but it's much more challenging than my Vader due to the many more hard parts (and fewer soft parts to pad them)!

@Gregory @mainst69 As far as I'm concerned, disassembly of the jetpack should be mandatory instruction for all kits. Getting packed up for my first troop last weekend, much to my horror I discovered even the mammoth Husky case I got (barely fits into the back of my Subaru Outback) was almost too small to hold everything, and in no way would the jetpack fit into it assembled. I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here about packing everything up, but it's much more challenging than my Vader due to the many more hard parts (and fewer soft parts to pad them)!

My goal for my JP is to be able to stow both thrusters and the rocket inside it. I don't know how this is going to pan out yet, but we'll see.

My goal for my JP is to be able to stow both thrusters and the rocket inside it. I don't know how this is going to pan out yet, but we'll see.

Thrusters should fit, if you don't plan anything else inside (mine is crammed full already :( ) but I don't think the rocket (even as two pieces) will fit also, but good luck!! You'll probably need to pad the insides or wrap the items to prevent them getting dinged up in there.

Thrusters should fit, if you don't plan anything else inside (mine is crammed full already :( ) but I don't think the rocket (even as two pieces) will fit also, but good luck!! You'll probably need to pad the insides or wrap the items to prevent them getting dinged up in there.
(In best Dark Helmet voice:) "Good idea". I may just wrap them in a little bubble wrap and then stow it in the JP until time to pack up.

not sure exactly how big your pack is but i can get the thrusters and rocket (in 2 pieces) in my jetpack with room to spare even with the electronics for the beacon. So i THINK you should be able to do it :)

not sure exactly how big your pack is but i can get the thrusters and rocket (in 2 pieces) in my jetpack with room to spare even with the electronics for the beacon. So i THINK you should be able to do it :)

That's what I figured Lou. The only guts I have in my pack is two wires and a switch!!! Mine doesn't actually fly like dv8r's!!!

So, I wish I wouldn't have procrastinated so much! LOL. I'm now in "survival mode". The jet pack will not be finished before tomorrow. There is just too much work to do. I started building the knees (that's going pretty well so far.) I still need to sew some velcro on the knees of the suit. I've got to fab the shin tools, flamethrower, and some odds and ends for the whipcord launcher. This suit, like all of ours is a work in progress, so I'm not going to stress over it too bad. I'm mad at my self for not doing more earlier, but I was enjoying the process. This weekend I'm not really enjoying much, it's like work.
I'll post up pics later, I am taking them as I go, but right now I just haven't felt like messing with it in the evening. I think I'm getting sick too! On top of all of that, the Trunk or Treat my daughter and I are attending will probably be 85 degrees outside unless we get a cold front come through, but I haven't even watched the weather so who knows.

Honestly you did a lot in such a short time frame. Took me about 14 months, and there's always more to do with improvements, comfort, and screen accuracy. And even when that is all done and its 100% in every way-you'll need to do repairs and repaints over time. Boba Fett isn't a costume it is a lifestyle.

View attachment 97812View attachment 97811View attachment 97810View attachment 97809

About to come off the workbench. Guys I know there is a lot "wrong" with this thing, but it'll make do until I can lay hands on a Sidewinder. Tonight I attached the greeblies I got in from DVH, thanks Lou, they came out great! I turned the scope around for movie accuracy (very hard for a gun enthusiast from Texas to do, put a scope backwards on a gun!). I may weather the hand grip a little more, it still looks a little too new for me. All in all though, for it to be pvc, bondo, pine, resin and all, I'm pretty proud of it. I don't know why I like those V8 connectors so much, they just look sick. I think it reminds me of some old kind of Walker colt or something. That would be a cool base gun to build an EU gunoff of!
thanks for checking it out.

Dude!!
That is a killer scratch build ee-3! You should be proud of that brother!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back