3D Scan of GMH Boba Fett Helmet

Please leave your passive aggressiveness for someone else. I’m not beating around the bush here. I’m not claiming you’re doing anything. But you’re “sculpting” on top of things is kind of fishy. You posted the pics that made people look twice. If you had just released the armor after all your work and no posted fishy pics there’d be no questions. But it’s too late for that. You posted them to get attention. Well now you have attention.

I’m asking if that “plastic” is another makers armor. Be it fettpride, animefan, bobamaker, Etsy/ebay maker whatever. Since to me it looks like it’s vacuum formed armor and not just some cut plastic you made as a base for your clay. More pics of the bases would help clear things up! Again it appears to be, I’m not saying I KNOW that it is. So don’t get all upset about a question.

As far as using the fettpride armor as reference... that isn’t something fettpride has ever been comfortable with. Having been his friend for years and knowing how paranoid he is/was he would tell you to send that armor back to him (and never deal with you or send you armor to paint for a customer) and to use actual screen reference to figure your own armor sculpt out like he did. If that’s what you are actually doing...you’re literally stealing someone else’s work (time and skill) and slapping your name on it without permission.

If I am incorrect on any of these points, please feel free to post corrections and I will edit my above statement.

I think FP announced that Bill would be producing the GMH for the foreseeable future when the announcement was first made, which I recall as being in early-ish 2013, shortly before he announced the FPH2. I'm thinking March to May sort of time. As I recall there was no difference in the item produced except that Bill only made them in slush resin with no FG offering. If I recall correctly Bill had also previously bought FP's 'budget' correct MR moulds based on a production Limited MR helmet. Those were also CC resin. I think Christie then took up the GMH production when Bill died.

If I recall correctly FP subsequently stated that the agreement with Bill regarding the GMH had been made with "three years of exclusivity", or words to that effect, when GMH production was subsequently passed to Skyfire.

As far as I'm aware the basic helmet is the same thing throughout the production based on FP's restoration.

I think FP announced that Bill would be producing the GMH for the foreseeable future when the announcement was first made, which I recall as being in early-ish 2013, shortly before he announced the FPH2. I'm thinking March to May sort of time. As I recall there was no difference in the item produced except that Bill only made them in slush resin with no FG offering. If I recall correctly Bill had also previously bought FP's 'budget' correct MR moulds based on a production Limited MR helmet. Those were also CC resin. I think Christie then took up the GMH production when Bill died.

If I recall correctly FP subsequently stated that the agreement with Bill regarding the GMH had been made with "three years of exclusivity", or words to that effect, when GMH production was subsequently passed to Skyfire.

As far as I'm aware the basic helmet is the same thing throughout the production based on FP's restoration.

You are absolutely spot on, just checked a PM from Chris, May 2013 that said that he had just sold the GMH to ASOK :)

This thread has gone crazy.. hope this all gets forgives out soon. I know MinuteFett has out a lot of hard work and dedication into his work before, and I wouldn’t think this would be any different. Once he molds his clay sculpted armor, maybe he could simply peel the clay off and show an image of the plastic shape underneath? That would solve a lot of mess. I’ve had my stuff recasted, and it sucks to see your hard work go to waste, but tossing accusations isn’t helping anyone. If he didn’t sculpt on WF’s armor, he should have no problem posting a picture of the plastic underneath once he is done with the sculpt. Just my $.02

Or just take pics of the back of the plastic. If it’s not vacuum form armor that’d be pretty easy to show in a picture with the clay on it right now. If it’s got bumps and such from being armor that’d also be pretty apparent.

Getting sort of back on track... I bought a GMH helmet from Fettpride directly. I got one of his first rotocast resin ones from the initial run. I waited nearly 2 years for that helmet. Over that time I completely lost the spark to even make the pp2 costume.

When I finally got it, the top of the resin was over an inch thick. When I put it on, my chin stuck out the bottom. I carved out as much resin as I could with a Dremel and sort of made it work, but even still it was way too small.

For me, this file represents closure on something that nearly killed my Fett costuming passion entirely. I plan to print one for myself, scaled up. I'm not going to mold, sell or cast anything. But I am going to feel a lot better FINALLY having the thing I was so excited about way back when this all started.

Getting sort of back on track... I bought a GMH helmet from Fettpride directly. I got one of his first rotocast resin ones from the initial run. I waited nearly 2 years for that helmet. Over that time I completely lost the spark to even make the pp2 costume.

When I finally got it, the top of the resin was over an inch thick. When I put it on, my chin stuck out the bottom. I carved out as much resin as I could with a Dremel and sort of made it work, but even still it was way too small.

For me, this file represents closure on something that nearly killed my Fett costuming passion entirely. I plan to print one for myself, scaled up. I'm not going to mold, sell or cast anything. But I am going to feel a lot better FINALLY having the thing I was so excited about way back when this all started.

I missed this when you posted it.

That is exactly what happened to me! My gmh from Fettpride was thin in some places (super easy fix) and also very thick in the crown but prob only 7-8mm, so not as bad as yours. I like you, never did finish painting it.

The reason I was so on point in this thread was if the current producer was ok with it i would have printed it, slighty larger, and also gotten the closure you speak of.
I don't even need anymore lids, but would have printed, just because I already have one. Crazy :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back