3D Gauntlets

I think for size compatibility i would just adjust the bottom half of the shells. Although mine are hand fabricated, i plan to eventually make 3 size bottoms for different arm sizes to fit a wider range of folks. You could probably do the same fairly easily and be able to offer them

But yea they are lookin good so far! I need to get a 3D printer to make masters with. Im not a huge fan of 3D printed stuff unless its the super detail versions from shpeways which end up being a little costly, but to make base forms it would be a great help!

How's your progress coming on the ESB version?

Sent from my iPad
I have not yet done any custom parts for either ESB or rotj. But I did paint them up as is, I will post some pictures.
I think for size compatibility i would just adjust the bottom half of the shells. Although mine are hand fabricated, i plan to eventually make 3 size bottoms for different arm sizes to fit a wider range of folks. You could probably do the same fairly easily and be able to offer them

But yea they are lookin good so far! I need to get a 3D printer to make masters with. Im not a huge fan of 3D printed stuff unless its the super detail versions from shpeways which end up being a little costly, but to make base forms it would be a great help!
That is a really interesting idea. I may not do it myself, but I will be making these open source, so people can create variation like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6

So, I printed up the second set, and painted everything. There are some big pieces missing still, and I have no hinges, but I needed to get basic gauntlets done for Salt Lake Comic Con.
abbc57e42303b5e8e703a75bc258dbce.jpg

7cfeb42965fee701ffb66d8101ad5714.jpg

81ca968e4e8b6a3d3b43a1b36f641486.jpg

f10c670124b2c18a950cb6d634a02495.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6

So I have released Beta-1 of these files. See the first post for a link. What you see in the posts up-to-now is the state they are at.

Here is what is still missing from this version of these gauntlets:
- The side bits on each of the gauntlets (flame thrower things, etc).
- Hinges or clasps
- The connection stuff for the hoses on the right gauntlet, including the big block at the back of the gauntlet

I am releasing these now so other people can start playing with them, or even print them as-is. My personal plan is to finish adding features to make them ROTJ. Once I have finished that I will move on to ESB versions if no one else has made them yet.

I have included 123d design files so they can be modified more easily. If you make changes and would like to share back to the group, please do! If you don't have a great way to share the files, send them to me and I will add them to my cloud folder to share directly.

wow this is amazing.. can you tell me what size dimensions to print this? on the x,y,z? i am building a super trooper.. not 100% accurate but would like to add gaunlets and at 300 bucks a set i would love to 3d print them!! please and thank you!

wow this is amazing.. can you tell me what size dimensions to print this? on the x,y,z? i am building a super trooper.. not 100% accurate but would like to add gaunlets and at 300 bucks a set i would love to 3d print them!! please and thank you!
I printed them for my own ST! Umm If I recall the model is scaled a bit wrong due to exporting it in inches instead of mm, scaling it to 10%, or so the Z height of the model is 53.306mm should make it accurate. it's about 1' long so youll have to position it diagonally

This is great!! I have short arms, and have been looking for a source for shorter gaunts. Every time I troop my Boba, my hands and biceps are bruised... Lol

Since I'm almost done building my printer that's got a 12"x12"x15" build plate, I'm jonesing for an ESB model. I hope someone does them soon [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad

What software are you using to model? What type of printers do you guys use to make these?

I have an FT5, which has a 12"x12"x15" build plate...perfect for doing helmets, gauntlets, and other stuff in one print, rather than splitting them apart.

Sent from my iPad

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back