*** UPDATE ***

Here is the Beta-1 version of the files:
https://app.box.com/s/hx1byb49t1ki3rxcxys4ku2s0tm69p4y

See the release notes at post #27

SuperTrooper/PrePro#1 Flamethrower by alexrep
https://app.box.com/s/7jfc0ozy3srysygz4r34m7ppg5yrel3b

Notes in post #29
----------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone on the site for all the contributions. It has been a great help to my project.

I am messing with a bunch of different parts of the project at once, trying to 3D print what I can. But I can't find any files for the gauntlets, so I started making them. Making progress on the left one.

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 1.51.45 PM.png

I still needs a few greeblies, but I am getting close on the top piece of the left gauntlet.

However, there are measurements I don't have. I don't know what the measurements of the bottom piece should be, so I can adjust the top to match. Any info out there I can use?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are off to a good start.

As one that has modeled the gauntlets & had them 3D printed, you need to make them to fit you. There isn't much flexibility depending on how you design them. I designed mine with a built in hidden hinge & they are designed for my forearms & from what I have read MOW's gauntlets are some of the largest out there & my wrist & forearm openings are quite a bit larger than his. They fit my arms just right. Could say that I have Popeye arms. Scale from known features & study the reference photos & size them for you cause screen accurate sizes may not work for you. But keep the known areas in proportion to whatever you use for the diameters of your wrist & forearm areas. Also take into consideration that you will be wearing a long sleeve & need to account for that. The lower portion can be pretty complex due to it being conical shape.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

I hadn't thought much about that. I could probably use a cloth tape measure on my arm to figure out what size I am looking at. I will give that a shot. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Honestly surprised no one has printed gauntlets yet, even to make bucks or molding purposes. I'm interested to see in a physical build print of these.

Honestly surprised no one has printed gauntlets yet, even to make bucks or molding purposes. I'm interested to see in a physical build print of these.
I had the gauntlets that I designed 3D printed but there were a few mods that were made to make them Jodo Kast specific, but I do have the base able to print as either ROTJ or ESB Boba Fett. These are designed to fit my arms & with the complexity of the design & print it would be difficult to modify which has made me reluctant to put them up for sale. Everything on them was 3D printed. With structured support & only 1 mm thick. These have held up well with over 25 troops. Even took a overhand swing from a kid at a Make A Wish event square on my right gauntlet & didn't even chip the paint. Light weight & strong.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f34/jodo-kast-wip-51419-post654314/#post654314
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f34/jodo-kast-wip-51419-post665017/#post665017

20150401_173000_zpscctecrav.jpg

Jodo_Kast_LH_Gauntlet_Comparison_Inside_zps440b5afe.jpg
Jodo_Kast_RH_Gauntlet_Comparison_Outside_zps007547f8.jpg

People have done it, but I was a little surprised there was not more of it. But then I realized the problem was a lack of available models. I will be sharing mine for free when done, and even make the source files available so they can be improved and updated. What I would really love to do is make it so they are only available here on this site. :)

I had the gauntlets that I designed 3D printed...

Toolguy, that is awesome. It's funny, I found some screenshots of your models out on the internets, and even used those pictures to help with my modeling.

I added a bottom to the left. Now the main thing I have to figure out is the hinge. But before I moved much further, I wanted to make sure it fit. So I made a quick copy of the pieces and cut out most of it:

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 1.13.22 PM.png

Printed a rough version at low res, and stuck it on my arm.

27998029554_a76df5cd63.jpg

Fits, even with the long sleeve. It is a little snug, so I may decide to bump it up just a touch. But I can continue with the modeling as-is, and scale everything up a little when printing if I want to.

Funny story, I wore the long sleeves to work today knowing my test would be finished printing so I could test it with sleeves to make sure it fit. But I ended up having to push a car in the 99 degree weather, in long sleeves. Just my luck.

This looks awesome!! 3d printed gaunts are a dream of mine! If these were ever a file, that would be a beautiful sight :,) will you keep the keypad size to the accuracy of the MQ-1? Or would that get scaled up too?

I don't think I would scale it up much so you would notice any difference in how the keyboard fit in there. But I kicked off a print of the MQ-1 keyboard tonight to see how it fits in the space right now. So we will see.

Sent from my Nexus 6

This is brilliant, ive been looking for 3d files for ages. I'll be wAtching this thread closely. And if you are looking for ideas there is a lock mechanism out there for generic gauntlets in thingiverse.Com. Think if you look for mandalorian gauntlets you'll find a hinge lock

Sent from my ZUK Z1

This is brilliant, ive been looking for 3d files for ages. I'll be wAtching this thread closely. And if you are looking for ideas there is a lock mechanism out there for generic gauntlets in thingiverse.Com. Think if you look for mandalorian gauntlets you'll find a hinge lock

Sent from my ZUK Z1
Yeah they're by April Storm, they're really helpful!! What a great design

Looks good, I 3D printed my greeblies, had a hard with the dental expander. Don't know the tolerance of your machine but print it nice and slow. Let me know how it turns out.

that looks great. would love a copy of the 3D file. then again, I might do another impulse buy and get a 3D printer....nooo!!!!!

Yeah, seconding that. I'd love to get the files. I have a printer ready and these would be just the thing for a next project.

Sent from my iPad

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back