Pepakura problems

Braveheart93

New Hunter
Hi there,

So I'm new to pepakura (and almost everything costume related), so putting this together has worked out well, but recently I ran into a few problems.

For the helmet I've been using, I find that the numbers don't line up as I progress along a longer piece. I'm wondering if I need to pull it a bit tighter and make sure they line up or if it's something else I did. Obviously this has distorted my helmet a bit, so I am going to remake it but I want to make sure it turns out better. Thanks.

The numbered segments should line up perfectly. What type of glue are you using? If it's some kind of liquid type than your paper parts may stratch a little bit this causing the parts not to line up as it should. Always check the left side panel (where the assembled helmet is) to verify all the parts needed to glue together.

I've been using a hot glue gun because I figured if I mess up redoing is easy (and as a noob that seemed like a good idea). I didn't realize it could change it so much, thanks. What are the best ways of gluing them together then, or any tips to make sure they line up?

I used super glue, but this means you have to be quick, because if you don't line them up as it should, it's hard to correct any mistake. You can glue the parts in small segments, this way you can control your build.

As a first try i printed the pep out on standard paper, then glued that to a thicker card (the ex-girlfrinds scrapbooking paper). As i didnt have access to a printer that could print on cardstock
Then i used sticky tape (or Durrex or what ever you call clear tape in the rest of the world!) to put it all together.
Worked suprisingly well for me.
I needed to brace it all together better as it went out of shape when i resined it, but very 'user freindly' until that stage.
No glue to get stuck to either...
The few times the numbers didnt want to match up neatly for me was due to me not bending the folds hard enough, there are a couple sharp folds.
How that helps.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back