Starting my first Mando today

Anaesthetic is a rare commodity on the battlefield, Zuka. And I use anaesthetic too! Three rounds with a Trandoshan usually does it.
... i Keep all my medical Gear in 3 ammo pouches, and Pads attached to the side of my shin (thats why im not making shin armor

Alright here they are, no circles tho... but theyre close up so you can see what i mean

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811-1.jpg

you can fill those holes with spot filler using your finger since it's hard to use the shaper to push it in.

To cut down the high areas, I used a sponge sanding block, it conformes to the curves really good.

I also used a sanding wheel on my dremmel to lower some of the wavy areas, it took a long time, about 30-45 minutes per cheek of small changes.

remember, your first bucket is still (well most people's anyway) gonna be a little "off", but that's ok, don't give up, you've come a LONG WAY BRO, you WILL SUCCEED.
I was gonna post a pic of my slow, but working on it... Mini bucket, but I didn't take a pic of the cheeks before I got them smooth, but they were wavy, like the dune sea on tatooine, but now they are smooth.
Which also reminds me... I need to work on the mini so I can start the Dark Jedi.

Here's a pic of the sanding blocks I use.

iphone again 007.JPG

iphone again 006.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
... i Keep all my medical Gear in 3 ammo pouches, and Pads attached to the side of my shin (thats why im not making shin armor

I have a bandolier w/ pyro that goes around my shin just below the knee... still wear armor there tho

@Ad'ika: yeah ner vod we need to see some work on the dar'jetti... kinda hard to draw it without seeing somethin' to work from! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I need to buy some card stock (expensive) to print the templates (only the needed parts not the extra junk), but my last paycheck only had 2 working days on it, and this thursday will be the same, so mortgage is not being paid by me this month, at least I can borrow from the old man once in a while. But anyway, I'll work on the bucket after Xmas, and I'll get it done fast.

No need to brag about a hair cut. Almost everyone in my family has long hair. I guess it is one of those gifts of looking like a rock star. LOL! Three brothers is a lot. I have two sisters who are older then me. So in a way I am the youngest in my family when it comes to brothers and sisters. And then I have two brother-in-laws. Then there is my nephew Jasen who is kind of like my lil' brother because he has been living with me since he was born so yeah....

But great work on the armor vod. You are actually getting there. Keep it up!

@Ad'ika: yeah ner vod I know the feelin... take ur time!

@CC: that's a big family! 3 girls, 2 boys and a nephew all living in the same house... craziness ensues! lol

I have a bandolier w/ pyro that goes around my shin just below the knee... still wear armor there tho

@Ad'ika: yeah ner vod we need to see some work on the dar'jetti... kinda hard to draw it without seeing somethin' to work from! lol

my other reason is that well there is alot of straps

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back