Starting my first Mando today

LOL im always on here and facebook so I just thought I might as well check (u should use it adonian LOL) what is urs anyway? I'll see if I can find it LOL

Lol thanks bro

I picked up more spot puddy today, and resin (it said it was called resin goop) Ive already started on my right gauntlet, so thats what the resin is for

oh and could someone post a pic of masking fluid? and kinda describe what it would say on it? because i searched Micheals for it but i could only find permanent masking fluid

A resin coat would probably be fine, then with a coat of bondo over it for general smoothness and such...should be fine.
Yeah for the gaunts thats fine, you could use bondoglass if you want the fiberglass in it, but like A'den said just resin and bondo is good enough... You aren't gonna be stepping on your gaunts for support are ya'?

hmm... what's the technique for resin filling the gaunts? I seem to remember somebody talking about filling their cardboard gaunts with resin.

That was me...if you use alan's WOF temps, you can cut a hole in the underside of the gaunt and slush some resin around in the inside...works well. :)

Are you talking about the top of the gaunt (under the hardware)? or Both sides from the inside of the gaunt? Some pics would help if u happen to have any A'd'ika... u can post 'em in my thread if u want so that we're not thread jackin' Lev'ika! lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back