ROTJ Stencil Question

graphixwizard

New Hunter
Hey gang, I'm hoping to use the stencils and trace them onto my armor pieces with carbon transfer paper... My question is, is there a guide or size method to get the scale of the damgages scaled to the armor or is it just trial and error? I'm great in photoshop and I figured I could just bring the templates in and chop what I need and print them but just trying to find the best way to do it.. Any insight here would be great, Thanks!

Hi graphixwizard
Hey gang, I'm hoping to use the stencils and trace them onto my armor pieces with carbon transfer paper... My question is, is there a guide or size method to get the scale of the damgages scaled to the armor or is it just trial and error? I'm great in photoshop and I figured I could just bring the templates in and chop what I need and print them but just trying to find the best way to do it.. Any insight here would be great, Thanks!
I think that is way more than most people are doing - modifying the existing templates that are out there. With all the armor vendors out there on the market today - not all armor is created equal when it comes to size. Some may come be closer than others - but all armor is actually well done. I started to do the helmet on the back sides with stencils/carbon paper, and drew in and scaled some lines a little larger, cause I have a larger Fett Helmet. In the end it worked and looked really good.

Best,
-Iron

RafalFett asked me to test his templates against the photogrammetry and lineage armor now made by Minutefett. Turns out the sizing on his template is real close for that armor. Minor adjustments might be needed for some parts, but I used them on a test set of ESB armor and it was quite good. I made my own stencils for ROTJ using photos, but relied heavily on his templates for the 2D sizing of the printouts. Part of the joy of ROTJ is that its all topical and you can freehand a lot of stuff. I used the templates for the silver and then freehanded the yellow and other damage colors around the silver. Some of the results:

IMG_1035.jpg

There are some templates out there on this site or the other one that are awesome. My wife has a Silhouette 4 which is a game changer since it enables you to cut out any pattern on sticker paper. Then I just painted over it using masking solution to fill in the small bits. Most people don't have these so if you cut them out yourself with a hobby knife using printer paper, just get the paper wet and stick it to the armor. If you want it to adhere for longer than about 30 minutes, use the masking solution as an adhesive or just respray and pat the paper down, then paint. Since its stuck to the armor with nothing but water, you won't risk pealing any of the paint off. But, I highly recommend getting access to a Cricut or Silhouette!

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back