New member question

Alansarah

New Hunter
Hi new member and looking for some advice. I am looking into building my fett cosplay and needing help with the pros and cons of making the armour with eva foam or 3d printed material. What are everyone's thoughts cheers

Hi new member and looking for some advice. I am looking into building my fett cosplay and needing help with the pros and cons of making the armour with eva foam or 3d printed material. What are everyone's thoughts cheers
First of all welcome..
What are your needs out of the costume as in will it be a full on outfit for trooping and going to events as different materials hold up better than others..

Cintra is another affordable option and can be more resilient than Eva foam as it has a foam core but thin PVC layer like a sandwich and is also easy to cut/shape.

Or you could go the metal route all you need are a pair of tin snips.

You can also like a great many did start with cardboard.
The best advice is to have a go at different materials and see what you feel comfortable using and have fun doing it.

There are some very good templates on this site to help you get started.
Good luck and post those build pics once you get started.

Welcome to the hunt! If you just feel like being crafty then definitely do 3d printing. If your going for accuracy then that's the way to go over Eva foam. Minute fett has a pretty good bundle of 3d printing files for top notch accuracy.

Do tons of research, especially for vendors, stay away from soft parts vendors like jediscloset. I would recommend 3d printing instead of eva foam if you are striving to be more accurate.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back