ROTJ Boba Fett Build Thread - the journey begins ....

Ok here is my "Soft parts" episode 2 show

Yes, I am going to youtube document everything and give FULL credit to vendors and
the dented helmet along the way

thanks for all of your help

what do we think of Imperial Arms on etsy for a place to buy a gun? any good blaster makers in the states?

Last edited:
My shin tools arrived from MAN OF WAR STUDIOS - why do I have 2 anti-security blades? Boba only wears one

I’m sure the reason you have two of them is one is facing one way and the other one is the opposite. Depending on what version of BF you are going for will determine which one you use because they change positions. See RafalFett’s various blueprints post for details.

Honestly, I would have gone with just using the found parts. You probably can still get them for cheaper than what you paid for those and they would be more accurate.

I’m sure the reason you have two of them is one is facing one way and the other one is the opposite. Depending on what version of BF you are going for will determine which one you use because they change positions. See RafalFett’s various blueprints post for details.

Honestly, I would have gone with just using the found parts. You probably can still get them for cheaper than what you paid for those and they would be more accurate.
ShortFuse - One wonders why Christian doesn’t just make one Security blade that could be positioned both ways? But yeah after getting his I opt’d to get the found parts with MCR’s Shin Tool Rods. Sure a little work and painting is necessary, but so worth it. I got a little buyers remorse from MoW’s Shin tools.

SORTA UPDATE:

I got notice that my RIFFLE has shipped !!!
Which means I get to start doing some serious painting

I am in a contract with BOBA MAKER on my armor and helmet
I've reached out to FETT4REAL to discuss painting my jetpack

I know what my shopping list is for WASTED FETT (I need 3 things before I can start putting the jetpack together)

and I am broke !!!!

Irongladiator concerning the shin tools - I saw 501st wants real tape on the security blade
what tape are ya'll using?
Pardon my butting in, but I bought a roll of gaffer's tape off ebay. I'll look for the seller shortly. Mine turned out like this...

Attachments

• 20220908_215736.jpg
    20220908_215736.jpg
    809.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220908_220547.jpg
    20220908_220547.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
Pardon my butting in, but I bought a roll of gaffer's tape off ebay. I'll look for the seller shortly. Mine turned out like this...
It was about $13 for the 2" wide roll. Trimmed to the correct width and I feel it came out nicely.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230826_075106_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230826_075106_Gallery.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 54
Maybe THAT was my initial question, I didn't know how to ask it - what is the correct width?

501st just says "Attached to the squeegee part is 2 silver rods that are knurled at the top, attached to the base of the weapon with a black tape."

Check out the 1st pic I posted above. I'm not positive of the author-owner (actually think it's raf's) but it has dims/specs shown for every detail in regards to the shin tools. I'm sure the owner will chime in soon
Raf?

In addition to the gaff tape wrapping around the squeegee tool's excess scrap that is used for the security blade handle, I ran the threaded stud that holds the 2 rods together, into the handle and secured it with a dab of epoxy (if I recall correctly) for additional strength.

Attachments

• 20220908_213503.jpg
    20220908_213503.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20220907_205314.jpg
    20220907_205314.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 20220906_200039.jpg
    20220906_200039.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
The drawing shows the tape's width at 28mm's wide. It also says "electrical tape". I tired electical tape at 1st, but I wasn't to happy with the outcome. It kept losing adhesion, coming off, and it didn't like the shine of it. I believe it's supposed to have a matte or dull look to it anyway, so I found that the gaffe method was better imo. Hope this helps ya some!

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back