ROTJ Boba Fett Build Thread - the journey begins ....

MojoTurbo
Oh ok....yeah, yeah, yeah. There they are....
1693605061090.png

For me, not sure I'd do the rivets - unless it was held in via an epoxy. And then you have that issue that me and ShortFuse was talking about with the inward facing spike to prevent the toe spikes from shifting up and down. I'd take ShortFuses advice on that and epoxy a thumbtack in the center as a means to prevent that issue.

-Iron

Those boots in the pic on their website are much different than what they sent you. Looks like the whole upper is suede. The grey material on their site pic is closer to what you want them made of. There should be no suede at all. I might have to ask them about the discrepancies.

With the nails I use, there is no way they are coming out. They are meant to go into concrete.
IMG_4529.jpeg

they say "no refunds" but their policy says ...

"If we made a mistake we will adjust, modify or remake as needed to get as close as possible to an ideal."

I waited almost 2 months for this, good thing I don't have a deadline

they say "no refunds" but their policy says ...

"If we made a mistake we will adjust, modify or remake as needed to get as close as possible to an ideal."

I waited almost 2 months for this, good thing I don't have a deadline
For all intents and purposes those boots will work. They just aren’t very accurate. It really just depends on what you are going for. At that price though I personally would have expected more from them. If you are happy with them though, that is all that matters. I didn’t mean to come off like an accuracy snob earlier and if I did, I sincerely apologize. I know boots and gloves seem to be the hardest things to come by lately and sometimes you have to go with what works.

It also depends on who is doing the approving to be honest. If you're looking for pre-approval over the thebhg.net they probably won't past. If you're local garrison leader isn't privy you'll most likely slip through the cracks. I know they've started to be more firm especially on Fett but if you don't know how are you going to really know? You know?

1. CABOOTS is making me new shoes
2. Still waiting for my riffle to come in the mail from Imperial Arms
3. I made my 10th payment to BOBA MAKER and I now owe him LESS than a thousand dollars!
(that's a major accomplishment for me)

My jetpack may have to wait, the wife scheduled a DISNEY WORLD vacation.

So in the meantime I made a video that shows off some new FETT merch at the new STAR WARS store in Downtown Disney
Enjoy

Finally got my boots back from CABOOTS - and I don't think the v2 are going to work either
Ugh

20231017_160228.jpg

the big problem is the TOE
its pointing up
that will make the spikes point up

back to the drawing board - who makes decent shoes for a decent price
I cant make these work ... right?

I'd be bummed too. Though to be fair they are a bit better than your V1 boots. Still though, it seemed like the only folks that made decent Boba Boots were MoW Studios and Imperial Boots. And both have discontinued and stopped selling them. I think the soles should be flat too and not curved which attributes to the toe pointing up.

I may try to sell the pleather looking one, and maybe keep the suede looking one as a back up or for when you know you're gonna do some heavy trooping that day.

But yeah, this is what you're after....
Imperial Boot's - Boba Fett.jpg

Such a great looking boot. Again, its a shame that they discontinued them. Here was mine after I started to paint them. But you can see the sole is straight across and not curved....
Fett's Boots.jpg

And here is what I ended up with....
Boots with Spikes and Weathered.jpg

Though I'm not in the market for boots at the moment, but if I was, CABoots would not be ones I would consider. But I mean if it is the only option, well I guess you had no choice, eh? Best of luck to you in your search.
:cool: (y)

-Iron

Finally got my boots back from CABOOTS - and I don't think the v2 are going to work either
Ugh

View attachment 239223
the big problem is the TOE
its pointing up
that will make the spikes point up

back to the drawing board - who makes decent shoes for a decent price
I cant make these work ... right?
You can try the Crow Props boots.

Wasted Fett may have some available depending on your size.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back