My costume progress UPDATE3 13.11.03 added JETPACK

micke wrote:

Especially the collar aromor wich are held in place by the collar bolts(i had to screw the parts together). So i believe 2 persons are recommended to put the suits on. The wookie scalps kept sliding down my arm, so i will add a safety pin to hold them up. The jumpsuit kept coming between the gauntlet shells while tying to lock the together.

You sound like me!:lol:

Those fricking gauntlets are a pain!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's looking darn fine Micke! Darn fine!

It must be a great feeling to finally walk around in a Fettsuit, with it almost done!!

:D

-Rex

Looking really good there Mikael! Fantastic work, but I wouldn't have excpected anything else!

Yeah, the gauntlets closure is a real tricky thing! :lol:

When I did my suit up for the photos elsewhere on here, I did the whole thing myslef. Took me almost 3/4 of an hour just to get in it!

I agree with you. It's a 2 person job really.

Si

great job with everything. It is definately a 2 person job to get into several of the parts. I need help with the gauntlets...my clamshells are attached with elastic so I need someone to pull them apart a little while I slide my arm in. You also need someone to hook up the jet pack to the harness system. that can really be the tricky part.

DOug

Wow, your costume is coming along nicely! Your work with paints is amazing! That helmet is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! :p

Nice job! :cheers

Oh, and I noticed you got started on the gauntlets. So far, they look awesome. Again, great work!

Thanks, people! Much appreciated:)
I hope to finish this one any time soon..

-Mikael

Thanks, dude!
I'm painting the Jet Pack at the moment and i hope to finish it by this weekend:) Pics soon!

-Mikael

Micke,

Great work as always! Fantastic colours and weathering job.

Well done!

Are they custom mixed gouache (sp?) colours, or did you succumb to "off the shelf" this time. They look spot on!

Si

Thanks, Si!
I still use Gouache and brush, but let me tell you it is was a pain to paint it. I'm seriously consider buying a Airbrush:)

-Micke

On the JP, I think brush painting would have been easier anyway. The masking took me ages on mine. Much easier to do the little fiddly bits with a brush.

For helmets, an airbrush is a piece of cake, however.

Si

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back