ESB(Now ROTJ!) Progress thread

Thanks! and yeah... I'm aware it's a bit too far back, I got over zealous with it and attached it in excitement. I could move it a bit forward but there would be some holes to fill and honestly I'm not too bothered by it or worried at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! and yeah... I'm aware it's a bit too far back, I got over zealous with it and attached it in excitement. I could move it a bit forward but there would be some holes to fill and honestly I'm not too bothered by it or worried at the moment.

Ah, I see...I get too excited most of the time as well and have had to redo things. Boba Fett does that. Are you also going to add the red and white wires in the back? If so, what are you going to use?

Ah, I see...I get too excited most of the time as well and have had to redo things. Boba Fett does that. Are you also going to add the red and white wires in the back? If so, what are you going to use?
I bought the aluminium flamethrower from combatbaby, it came with some red and white wires, so I'm going to use those ones.

In other news, I'm finalizing my move today!

I bought the aluminium flamethrower from combatbaby, it came with some red and white wires, so I'm going to use those ones.

In other news, I'm finalizing my move today!

Awesome! Nice piece!

Congrats on your move man! I know the feeling...I've been in my new house for about a month but I'm still unpacking and moving stuff.

The tips of the push button switches on the right gauntlet are painted black, is that correct? The flat tops?

received_1091801077600942.jpeg

This isn't my armor, but I had to try it on to see how it fit my frame. Looks pretty good imo.

received_1091801077600942.jpeg

Hey brother, are you shooting a satin or semi gloss or something to clear coat your armor? My colors dont't look bad, but they are really flat. Yours seem to have a little shine on them, which to my eye resembles the screen shots.
Thanks!

The paint I used was actually a flat color, XF-70 I think. I took this pic just before I hit it with dullcote.

Also since it wasn't my armor, it's just sitting on there with duct tape, so don't pay too much mind to how it's sitting and the placement.

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to do a repaint on mine after Halloween. I don't think I'm happy with my results. May give that Tamiya a try.

Using a marker I marked the slits and the chest opening and brought it to a tailor. Was kinda hard and funny trying to explain them what it was for. But they did a great job.

So... how does one with an Arkady flack vest use a jetpack harness? Do I take it to a tailor and have them cut the slits in the tops and bottoms?

@mainst69 what paints you used originally. I have mine pretty flat, I think it looks better-used and battle worn.

On the armor, I just used the Humbrols in the Paint by numbers thread. I mixed per Lou's suggestion 1:1 and it came out really bright green. SO I remixed and added some 79 to the mix. Then it was a cooler grey green. But to my eye, there is some blue in the movie stills that I'm missing. I noticed that Raizo seemed to be capturing that along with a bit of sheen that I see in screen caps. Thus my inquiry.

Sorry Raizo, don't mean to be derailing your thread.

Hey no worries man! Paint color discussion is totally welcome here. If you want a super similar color there's Model master Euro I Dark Green FS34092 and it's flat as well.

Hey no worries man! Paint color discussion is totally welcome here. If you want a super similar color there's Model master Euro I Dark Green FS34092 and it's flat as well.

What do you like better out of the Tamiya and Model Master?

The tamiya for sure. It reacts to light a lot better and more like the screen used armor in my opinion. They're pretty similar in shade when brushed on, but once you throw them both through the airbrush... see below.

64086c426721d4e7115fbce40dd5a438.jpg

Both of those were taken indoors and the one on the right (tamiya) was under flash. Here's the same tamiya outdoors 20161007_165655.jpg

EDIT: Coming back to this post and looking at more screen grabs and paint I'm gonna be tweaking this mix a bit more and doing a repaint. Gonna try and hit somewhere in the middle.

20161007_165655.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back