Discussion: Possible hint that Fett is alive?

Brokk

Active Hunter
Hey guys, so my brother showed me this pic(source at the bottom right of pic) and for the sake of discussion, wanted to share it here.

In the picture, you will notice some similarities with different elements happening in the background; specifically the crashed/crashing star destroyer.
However, the terrain looks a little off. I'm not sure when Battlefront 3 takes place, however, from the research I have done, it takes place a little after the battle of Endor.
Other [rumors] I've read state that the events that occur in Battlefront 3 can be scene in Ep. 7?

With EU not being cannon anymore, do you guys think it's a possibility our boy is still kicking? Please comment your thoughts and if you know any info on battlefront 3 and Ep. 7's timeline, please post.

15582_1055851311096147_7004742547845001758_n.jpg

I have a hard time believing that Disney would let a cash-cow like Boba Fett go completely unused in their new canon and new EU. Whether or not he's in episoe 7 is definitely up in the air though. Regardless, I would bet lots of money that we see plenty of new Boba Fett in the future.

Any of Karen Travis' variations could be possible. All of her clone trooper, Fett family and offspring, Mandalorian for hire squads are all possibilities.

(Insert double negative here)... I have yet to hear from anyone in LFL/Disney that said Boba Fett will NOT be in any new movies (so... that's like saying he WILL be).

Can't see this happening,pretty cool the way he fixed his EE3 after Luke chopped it up..lol 0_O would rather a dead fett than a clone/clown fett..IMOP

Personally I think this means nothing for Boba. I just think that if anything its the same landscape. But remember in the Battlefront games you could fight anywhere with whatever troops and you could use a hero ability (to play as Boba, Vader, Obi-Wan, etc.) I think this is just a standard battle featuring the hero card of Boba. But I certainly look forward to seeing him on the big screen again! :D

Just doing some guess work, correct me if there is a more accurate number.

Boba was about 10 when his dad died. Couple years after that Luke was born so that would make him a preteen probably.

Luke was probably 18-20 when he left with Obi-Wan on his adventure. I think about 5 years later in the Empire Stikes Back where me meet Boba. So if Luke was 25ish, Boba would have been 35-40ish?

Then, RotJ you can probably add a couple more years. So Boba died around 40-45ish I think?

The Force Awakens takes place 30 years later, so that would probably make him around 70 years old..

Maybe Boba has a Son and has his own Mando armor like he did with his father..

I was quite interested in this so I took a little look over at wookieepedia to see what they say: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

Apparently Fett was born in 32 BBY (before the Battle of Yavin). That whole 'sarlaac incident' happened around the Battle of Endor which was in 4 ABY, at the age of 36. So if TFA occurs exactly 30 ears after, he would be 66.

My thought is that if Harrison Ford can rock Solo in his 70s, our Fett can still wear the armor :)

Age I dont think is a problem. In the book Bloodlines, if I'm not mistaken, Boba travels to Kamino to try to search for a way to stop aging and to restore some youth. While books aren't necessarily canon anymore they may still use a method of story like this to keep our boy in the loop for a while longer.

While I wouldn't mind seeing a standalone Fett movie, I certainly hope they don't bring him back from the sarlacc pit. There are plenty of other interesting characters that didn't die and a whole galaxy of people we haven't met yet, so there is no reason to bring someone back from the dead just because he is popular.

While I wouldn't mind seeing a standalone Fett movie, I certainly hope they don't bring him back from the sarlacc pit. There are plenty of other interesting characters that didn't die and a whole galaxy of people we haven't met yet, so there is no reason to bring someone back from the dead just because he is popular.

You can thank Superman for that.... ever since then, hero's have been dying and coming back to life.. :lol:

My thought is that if Harrison Ford can rock Solo in his 70s, our Fett can still wear the armor :)

^ Truth!!! My reaction to this scene:

150416_LOW_OldSolo.jpg.CROP_.original-original.jpg

was this because I love them so much:

27AD0C3700000578-3043966-image-a-14_1429294867622.jpg

There are plenty of other interesting characters that didn't die and a whole galaxy of people we haven't met yet, so there is no reason to bring someone back from the dead just because he is popular.

However I also agree with Fubar about that as well...

I have a sneaking suspicion that Fett may show up in the first non-trilogy offshoot film (which is supposed to take place just before ANH). Just a feeling I get.

As much as most of us think it would be awesome to see Fett in Ep7 or 8, and they very well could say he got out of that Sarlacc...( i belive he would be 66 as stated above, which means nothing...look at Chuck Norris :p ) i think its more likely that Disney/LFL would cash in on his popularity by putting him in one of the side storys/offshoots that take place before ROTJ. I think that would be the best way to keep him going and feed into his popularity, but yet still keep him dead as of ROTJ. Though, i really like the books where he is rescued by Dengar barely alive...i love that story, and its what kept me going building my Fett, as he is BAD-az in that series.

...i love that story, and its what kept me going building my Fett, as he is BAD-az in that series.

Totally. I just finished reading the trilogy. I found the author had a tendency to repeat a lot of stuff which I found weird. But overall, the story was well done. Do you have any recommendations on what to read after? I'm kinda in a lull right now and want to pick up something else :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back