Book of Boba Fett Boots Identified!

Tfett40

Active Hunter
While at D23, I was taking reference shots of the Book of Boba Fett on display, when I notice a logo on the rear bottom portion of the boot.

boot10.jpg
boot9.jpg

When I got home and zoomed in on the shot, I immediately recognized the NDE and the font looked very similar to the Under Armour logo. I knew UA made tactical and hiking boots, so I knew it couldn't be far off. As I searched the internet, I found a possible match, made some comparisons to my captured images and discovered the Under Armour boots that had all the same logo markings, details and sole tread:
Boot4.jpg

boot8.jpg

Before you get excited, here is the BAD. The boots were released in 2016 and retailed for about $250, they came in a mid and high top style. Unfortunately, they are now retired and sold out. The only way you can now get them is "used" through ebay or another secondary market. I managed to snag up a pair on ebay for $70. If you plan on buying a pair, both Jaycepticon and I agree you need to go a 1/2 size up and reviews of the boots also indicate to size up. I typically wear a 10.5 and the 11s are snug fit for being broken in.

In order to give the boots the right look for the costume, you have to cut the four front laces tabs. I used the Crowprops spats and toe tab to make my comparisons:
Boot2.jpg

Boot1.JPG

boot1a.JPG

Here is the top view. The right image is from The Mandalorian Exhibit at Star Wars Celebration. As you can see the shoelace tabs are removed.

boot3.JPG

Last but not least, a screen cap comparison of the bottom sole/tread:

boot12.jpg
boot13.JPG

At a recent trip to Disneyland, it appears their Boba Fett is using the Merrell Coldpack Ice Snow which people have suggested. The comparison of the side tread is correct, they just painted it black. Therefore, if you can't get your hands on the UA, the Merrell is suitable substitute.
boot11.jpg
boot7.jpg

boot6.JPG

These same boots seem to be the same ones they used for the promo shots. My guess is because of the rarity of the UA boots, they needed to go with a style they can stock up on.
Boot14.jpg

HAPPY HUNTING!

Attachments

• boot5.jpg
    boot5.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 634
Thanks so much for sharing this! I have the Merrells now, and was able to find the UA boots in my size on eBay. Not nearly as cheap as yours, but still less than custom OT Boba boots.

I got them today. Based on the advice here, I ordered 1 size up. They really are snug boots... I almost think I could have done 1.5 sizes up!
I usually wear a 9.5. The 10.5 fits, but no room for an inner sole or thick socks!

Just got a pair of the Merrell boots, and they fit a little snug. If you order those, get them in a half-size bigger than you regularly wear.

Quick update for sizing!

I wear a US Size 11 in Jordan 1/2/3s. US Size 11 in Nike Metcon 6s. Size 11 in Sperry Topsiders too. Size 11 in Wasted Fett Boba Fett shoes too. EU 45 Imperial Boots Stormtrooper/Scout Trooper. EU 44 for Mando Din Boots.

I usually like my shoes big since my foot is wide and short. The Size 11 on the Under Armour fits. It is a little snug in the toebox, but not painful in any way. I wore them for about 30 minutes and thought they were comfortable. They were already broken in since I found a used pair. The toebox isn't that tall so if you have a tall foot or big toes it's probably going to be uncomfortable, but length-wise and width-wise it's very similar to my Jordans or Nike Metcons

I think a size 11.5 would be perfect for a looser fit on me. A size 12 I think would be too big for my foot.

Hopefully, this helps somebody!

I scored a new extra pair of the UA's by blind luck for 190.00, they're the brown upper w/ black lower, 11.5. If anybody is in need PM me.

Awesome thanks for the info and finding out the correct boots, thanks to you I was able to find a pair (1 size bigger) but as that was my only choice if I wanted to do this outfit. And the boots are the hardest part.. (y)
(y)

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back