General Armor Attachment Methods

jetpackman

Hunter
Hey all! So this might sound like a dumb question but I really want to know if anyone on here knows what method Disney used to attach Boba's armor when he was performing at the Dance off LOL. I'm just asking this because he was really busting out some moves and the armor seemed to hold up perfectly XD
So if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated if you could share, thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the first thing about that particular kit is that he is not screen accurate. They cut many corners to give the armor more flexibility. So even if you attached screen accurate armor in the same way you wouldn't necessarily get the same results.

I think the first thing about that particular kit is that he is not screen accurate. They cut many corners to give the armor more flexibility. So even if you attached screen accurate armor in the same way you wouldn't necessarily get the same results.

Yeah that much is a given, I suppose I would rather know what the best method would be for holding the armor in place while "attempting" to move in a more combat paced environment. While of course keeping the costume accurate, for a short film I plan on making. If it is even possible at all XD

Actually yes. Bobamaker did a tutorial for it at one point. In his tutorial he started by making a copy of his armor with resin but making cardboard copies works just as well.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=20322&highlight=grommet

The screen used suits had the same attachment method but the bolts that were used were nylon plastic bolts. If you do a search for grommet or armor attachment you will get all kinds of results for useful threads.

Actually yes. Bobamaker did a tutorial for it at one point. In his tutorial he started by making a copy of his armor with resin but making cardboard copies works just as well.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=20322&highlight=grommet

The screen used suits had the same attachment method but the bolts that were used were nylon plastic bolts. If you do a search for grommet or armor attachment you will get all kinds of results for useful threads.

Yep I found it, thanks a lot man!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back