Still debating on armor / helmet size

viewoptic

Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
After a few years im still debating on who to purchase armor / helmet from. I am wanting to complete a ESB build. Im not sure if I need to buy AE2015 armor or FP Hero Sized armor. Im 5'8" and weigh 220lbs. Chest area is around 15" wide (give or take slightly). Bottom center of my neck to top of belly button is 18" and I also have a larger neck diameter of 19" and my head is 24" circumference at brow level. It is rumored that the AE2015 armor is best for people under 5' 10" however I have a slightly broader build. What would be a good helmet choice since I have a larger head? I have also been looking at Bobamaker armor.

Hopefully this will help finalize my decision. Thanks

Last edited:
Any lineage helmet would do and I would recommend Minute Fett for an ESB cast. As for armor, if you want accuracy the newest Minute Fett lineage armor set is by far the best set of armor available, however a smaller Fettpride set would fit you perfectly. His newest armor is a tad bit bigger, but you could get away from it considering how close the chest plates are on ESB so you would not have to worry about how wide the set is and ESB has pretty significant gaps between the collar and top of the chest plates and the chest plates to the ab plate.

Any lineage helmet would do and I would recommend Minute Fett for an ESB cast. As for armor, if you want accuracy the newest Minute Fett lineage armor set is by far the best set of armor available, however a smaller Fettpride set would fit you perfectly. His newest armor is a tad bit bigger, but you could get away from it considering how close the chest plates are on ESB so you would not have to worry about how wide the set is and ESB has pretty significant gaps between the collar and top of the chest plates and the chest plates to the ab plate.
Do you think I would be ok with a full set of bobamaker armor including bobamaker helmet?

Do you think I would be ok with a full set of bobamaker armor including bobamaker helmet?
Absolutely, each maker has their set of pros and cons. Although my personal preference is absolute accuracy as I do not plan on trooping, I am probably biased towards Minute Fett as he will be my number one suggestion for helmets and armor. It depends how much you want accuracy or how bad you want to wear the armor and feel like Boba Fett. For example, Boba maker's helmet cast is pretty damn solid, whereas MinuteFett fixed all the warps in the helmet to resemble ESB's state. MinuteFett casts are also thinner meaning they are way lighter, but Bobamaker's is more thick and less likely to flex or bend. Overall, there is a ton of pros and cons per maker, but there is no denying that the newest armor set MinuteFett has released is by far the best armor out there for accuracy. If anything, look on Ord Mantell's WIP forums and you will see the comparisons yourself.

I have an armor set for sale listed in the forums. It is pricey, but it has all metal parts and utilizes Josh's or Jurassic Fett's newest stencils he is slowly releasing. It also has the screen accurate nylon screw method already installed.

Absolutely, each maker has their set of pros and cons. Although my personal preference is absolute accuracy as I do not plan on trooping, I am probably biased towards Minute Fett as he will be my number one suggestion for helmets and armor. It depends how much you want accuracy or how bad you want to wear the armor and feel like Boba Fett. For example, Boba maker's helmet cast is pretty damn solid, whereas MinuteFett fixed all the warps in the helmet to resemble ESB's state. MinuteFett casts are also thinner meaning they are way lighter, but Bobamaker's is more thick and less likely to flex or bend. Overall, there is a ton of pros and cons per maker, but there is no denying that the newest armor set MinuteFett has released is by far the best armor out there for accuracy. If anything, look on Ord Mantell's WIP forums and you will see the comparisons yourself.
Is the helmet minutefett offers just as accurate for ESB as the armor?

Is the helmet minutefett offers just as accurate for ESB as the armor?
Absolutely. The major difference with helmets VISUALLY is how Minute restored the warp on the eye line. During ESB, it was a lot more symmetrical before the helmet got damaged and warped leading MinuteFett to sell a lineage cast and restored to its original state. I’ll link pictures.

Attachments

• B7F4C35D-CA86-4A8A-A7BF-1EF33ECA4847.jpeg
    B7F4C35D-CA86-4A8A-A7BF-1EF33ECA4847.jpeg
    828.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 4D36DB27-068B-4E35-B402-594885FAC68E.png
    4D36DB27-068B-4E35-B402-594885FAC68E.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 74
This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back