Jet Pack Alternative fitting for Jetpack.. without the frame?

runFettBoyRun

Jr Hunter
Hi all,

Has anyone ever just fitted normal backpack straps to the jet pack? Seems easier and more secure, if not movie accurate, than attaching to a metal frame with loops at the back. Or I am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

I haven't tried to use back pack straps since I haven't even gotten that far but I would think based off the weight of the Jet Pack it would force it to slide back and down all the time. As far as accuracy goes , this is what the original design had and I am guessing it went through all of them
FCED8F5A-2261-42BB-B808-CD796B18D0A7.jpg

Using a soft strapping system only has been done by many but like said above it would tend to want to slip backwards. You would definitely have to go with a belt around the waist to help with being pulled back & possibly another piece that would latch across your chest. The problem when slipping back is that it will pull your back plate down with it & your collar will be pulled against your neck, which is very uncomfortable..

The benefit of the screen accurate frame is that the jetpack not only hooks at the top but is locked onto a bar at the bottom which helps support the entire weight of the jetpack, this takes a lot of the weight off your shoulders. This is really good on long troops. If set up properly you can hardly tell the jetpack is even on your back.

I have a 3D printed harness that works very well. It still has the aluminum rod that the jetpack sits on. I feel it's very secure and distributes the weight well. I use rare earth magnets on the collar armor (and under my vest) to keep it from choking me or riding up. Most other systems would be almost as much work. I'd advise against a "vest" style harness as the suit is more than toasty enough without adding another layer.

Hi all,

Has anyone ever just fitted normal backpack straps to the jet pack? Seems easier and more secure, if not movie accurate, than attaching to a metal frame with loops at the back. Or I am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
That's how members of As You Wish/TDH did it from 2003-2010 or so when this part was officially discovered.

Much thanks for posting this thread! I've been looking at a number of different ways to approach the harness myself and haven't really made a decision which way to go. What have been the results of wearing Man of War Studios Harness Vest?

I need to tweak something with my harness soon, so I can take some extra pics and post.
In the meantime, I have a fairly standard set up. The clips hook onto the aluminium bar attached to the bottom of the harness. These bear most of the weight.
The white straps (attached to the black straps near the top of the shoulder) go through the flak vest and the slots in the back armour and attach to the hooks mounted on the back of the jetpack (near the top).

Here's a link to my WiP thread. it shows the position of the hooks and clips on the jetpack.
The page before also shows my harness setup.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/wip-esb-fett-rapidly-expanding-project-49771/index3.html

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Scott DeLuck (BH 1660) did something different with his jetpack. Due to back issues he has a simple soft harness and attached velcro to the bottom of his back armor plate and the bottom of his jetpack. It's invisible to people unless you inspect very closely. He used a 2 inch wide strip about 8 to 10 inches wide. Holds just fine and is less weight on his back. I thought it was quite inventive.

Sent from my SM-G900V

i have a metal accurate frame that i attatched adjustable backpack straps too and a front clasp to keep it together in the front . put it on pull the straps tight lock the front and its nice and comfortable .

For the metal frame concept, the pack sits on a bottom shelf and it's top hooks are attached to the straps via hooks? For the lower straps do they go through the vest as well or on the a outside, under the belts perhaps?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back