Soldering alternative

bobawife

New Hunter
I’m looking for an alternative way to connect my 3D printed armor pieces together, and when I watch tutorials I see people using glue between the sections, then using a soldering iron or heat gun. My concern with that is that those fumes are extremely toxic and whenever possible, I avoid toxins at all costs. I’ve even seen the tutorial makers warn of how dangerous these fumes are BUT I want this to look amazing, not just good! I’ve seen the masks you can wear but I’d still feel safer going an alternative route if possible. Has anyone come across a better way? Any helpful hints?

I don't have a ton of experience with 3D printed stuff, but the pieces on my armor that are 3D printed I've just glued on with E-6000 or Gorilla Glue. My armor is all sintra which also produces toxic fumes when heated, advice I've seen to avoid the fumes are to work in well-ventilated spaces of course, but to also light some candles, the flame will dissipate the fumes. Not sure if this works for 3D prints though, but definitely wear a respirator. Hope that helps some!

I don't have a ton of experience with 3D printed stuff, but the pieces on my armor that are 3D printed I've just glued on with E-6000 or Gorilla Glue. My armor is all sintra which also produces toxic fumes when heated, advice I've seen to avoid the fumes are to work in well-ventilated spaces of course, but to also light some candles, the flame will dissipate the fumes. Not sure if this works for 3D prints though, but definitely wear a respirator. Hope that helps some!
Thank you! Great thought on lighting candles! That and using 3D gloop have been great tips I’ve received so far!

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back