My Flak Vest Alternative

lowberg

New Hunter
Hello all! Just wanted to share a cool find. I did a ESB helmet paint up a few years back, and I've been itching to expand the costume out for display at home.
I'm not too invested in super screen accuracy, I just want it to look the part and have a nice feel on a budget. With that in mind, I decided to improvise on some of the soft parts of the costume.

I was looking for a substitute for the flak vest for a long time with no luck.
I finally asked my awesome wife what she thought, showed her some reference pictures and she goes "That sort of looks like a fencing shirt!"

$20 later, I picked up this! It is a heavy white satin sheen canvas material, that zips up from the back and has a full neck seal that velcros shut in the back.

272713083_466895371772872_6004144602185210284_n.jpg

272545074_456993902790388_8695900228148159462_n.jpg

I think this is going to work awesome for a budget build, we are going to trim the bottom off and cut the sleeves into the shoulder caps!

Hello all! Just wanted to share a cool find. I did a ESB helmet paint up a few years back, and I've been itching to expand the costume out for display at home.
I'm not too invested in super screen accuracy, I just want it to look the part and have a nice feel on a budget. With that in mind, I decided to improvise on some of the soft parts of the costume.

I was looking for a substitute for the flak vest for a long time with no luck.
I finally asked my awesome wife what she thought, showed her some reference pictures and she goes "That sort of looks like a fencing shirt!"

$20 later, I picked up this! It is a heavy white satin sheen canvas material, that zips up from the back and has a full neck seal that velcros shut in the back.

View attachment 219889
View attachment 219890

I think this is going to work awesome for a budget build, we are going to trim the bottom off and cut the sleeves into the shoulder caps!
Where did you grab this?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back