Yet another Boba Rearmored Build (and throne too!)

ImABarRoomHero

New Hunter
Hey guys! I’ve been lurking for a bit asking questions and what not, but I finally feel like I’m at a spot where I can share my project!

Im currently working on the early painting phase of my armor. My kit is 3D printed from Galactic Armory. My first time with a 3D print build and all though it’s a lot of work it pails in comparison to my trooping days back in the day when we had to vacu form everything or find greeblies at thrift stores and flea markets!

This build so far has been a lot of fun, looking at some high res photos shows there’s honestly a lot of room for error as it appears a lot of the paint and applications look fairly sloppy and “used”. Which helped out quite a bit when my storm spray paint threw a fit in my right breast plate, but hey, looks kind of like the show, or enough where I don’t care. (Mind you, this build is a part of a Halloween setup I plan on making for handing out candy, so all though I want to be close enough, I’m not looking to get this approved, my trooping days are behind me.)
Good lord, that was long winded, you can tell I’m from the Midwest….

This is where I’m at so far not including my soft goods and I’m not quite done with details. Just waiting for some stuff to dry so figured I would take a pic. Thanks.

Attachments

• 217F143B-EAEF-4AD7-9B76-EE22CA07DAAB.jpeg
    217F143B-EAEF-4AD7-9B76-EE22CA07DAAB.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 251
  • 7A8D88DD-82F8-4F6B-A41A-83A7191A15DE.jpeg
    7A8D88DD-82F8-4F6B-A41A-83A7191A15DE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Looks like it's all shaping up really well! What did you use for the right vambrace/gauntlet hoses?
Hey man, thanks! I used this sink hose (link below) and modeled the hose type off of the Star Wars insider cover. I still need to reduce the sheen on the hoses to make it more accurate but I dig the look. Also noticed there are at least 3 different hoses used throughout the few episodes he wore this set.

Not nearly as flexible as other options. But it’s mainly due to being shaped in the packaging. I have some left overs I’m going to try working and heating to be more “bendy” if that works I’ll apply the same method to the gauntlet. But overall, they aren’t too bad.

ImABarRoomHero
Oh my! I haven’t been to a Menards since I lived in Wisconsin (2002). That being said, Do you felt like you saved BIG money at Menards?
:lol:

-Iron
Lol, depends on what you're buying. Worst part of Menards is if you EVER have to ask anything to the staff, expect to be treated like you're wrecking their day. But still beats Lowe's Home Depot for Star Wars greeblies hands down.

Haha! Back in the mid 80's I just remember my old man loved to go to hardware stores. He could spend hours in the tool sections. He'd take me along with him and naturally I'd spend my time in the toy sections! I grew up in Madison, WI ('75 to 02') He loved Fish Building Supply, Farm & Fleet and Menards. When Home Depot finally came to the MidWest in the late 90's he asked where this store has been all his life!

I kinda get that feeling at most places these days. It just seems like retail folks don't wanna work. But enough reminiscing, back to your thread! Looks to me like you got yourself a good set of Galactic Armory armor and Gauntlets!
:cool: (y)

-Iron

Thanks! How flexible are they? I used vinyl hose on mine and they seem to push my arm down pretty well.
so I’ve been thinking a lot about this. And I think I’m going to implement a solution. Instead of relying on flexible hoses, I’m going to create a “channel” in the undershoulder/flak for the tubes to guide into with the extra hose slack just kind of floating inside the vest. That way as my arm moves the hoses should just glide in and out as opposed to bending and the extra length should make sure they don’t fall out. I’ll post pictures when I get my vest in/ if this idea works.

Attachments

• 990CC664-5E92-4419-AE33-4819D367D5ED.jpeg
    990CC664-5E92-4419-AE33-4819D367D5ED.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 147
Finally got my hands on some more Montana Black Storm so I was able to make a ton of progress. Finished up my jetpack (sans the white dots and decals) very happy with the result, but might need to replace the rocket. Didn’t think the inaccuracy would bug me… but it is. Gave my yellows another coat as my can of Melon was leaving everything tacky, got a dip in baking soda and another coat, perfect texture now. Also my buddy printed me out some much needed parts I’ll update with later.

Attachments

• EB7D0E3E-202E-40D8-9288-D867416AF669.jpeg
    EB7D0E3E-202E-40D8-9288-D867416AF669.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 155
Quick test fit of my lower cloth parts minus the pouches. Happy with the turnout, not happy with how much it emphasizes my waist line since the pandemic turned me on to baking… but oh well lol. My Gwabo vest arrives Thursday, just ordered my boot covers but Grey Leone is pushed back until September. Got my helmet it but had major problems so it’s getting sent back. Other than that I’m nearing the finish line!

E2BABCF6-8DF6-4048-AAC3-D15C95288E30.jpeg

Moving right along! Got my belt all finished, going to try to weather the thread so it’s not so white, also try to straighten it up a bit. First time working with leather, overall happy with it.

Of course I had to test fit everything. Pretty happy with how it’s looking. Still need to get gloves, undershirt, fit my vambraces, make my scarf, shape up my vest, and of course helmet. But so far, I’m pretty excited!
EF9C40CF-1A5E-4B64-9653-0B321F72F919.jpeg

7A852639-858F-4938-87D6-045CC52CD7D2.jpeg

Cannot wait to see the throne! I pondered building one for my re-armored life size to sit on in the basement but ultimately couldn't figure out the space for it. The costume is look stellar as well!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back