Wookie Braids from eBay?

BobaFettAZ

Hunter
Any thoughts on getting inexpensive Wookie Braids on eBay? I've read numerous posts to stay away from eBay and Etsy (with a couple exceptions) but is that for everything or just the big stuff (armor, jumpsuit, etc.)? I have messaged Woodman but haven't heard back and searched the boards but don't yet see other options mentioned. These would be $20 with shipping.

i have ordered 3 times from that vendor ( not my ad and i am not related in any way to ebay seller )
and have had no issues they even did a cust color for me ( chestnut red )

hope that helps
if you look at my avatar one of the sets is in the pic
26.jpg

i have ordered 3 times from that vendor ( not my ad and i am not related in any way to ebay seller )
and have had no issues they even did a cust color for me ( chestnut red )

hope that helps
if you look at my avatar one of the sets is in the pic
View attachment 196933
Thanks for the reply! I really like your red armor and the Samurai look of that one. I just checked out your SVCC pics from your March post, very cool!

They are really bright and glossy but also really soft. You can tell they are obviously doll hair/synthetic hair just by looking. The wraps around the hair are thick and lacking the colored threads and pineapple knots. They will definitely need some work if you want to blend them into the rest of the look of your suit.

For $20 though, it's up to you, but really not a big loss if you don't like them. You won't get horse hair braids for anywhere near that price.

I have bought from her and she did custom colors for me as well. Good quality, and as mentioned before they will need some work to make them more accurate.

They are really bright and glossy but also really soft. You can tell they are obviously doll hair/synthetic hair just by looking. The wraps around the hair are thick and lacking the colored threads and pineapple knots. They will definitely need some work if you want to blend them into the rest of the look of your suit.

For $20 though, it's up to you, but really not a big loss if you don't like them. You won't get horse hair braids for anywhere near that price.
Thanks! I think it's worth a little bit of work given the price.

bobafettaz - I’ve got a set that I’m using for my ROTJ build and if you’d like to see what I had to do to em’ check out my WIP (Page 1, Post 5)

They’ve definitely got potential and can be easily modified. (y)

Thanks,
-Iron

bobafettaz - I’ve got a set that I’m using for my ROTJ build and if you’d like to see what I had to do to em’ check out my WIP (Page 1, Post 5)

They’ve definitely got potential and can be easily modified. (y)

Thanks,
-Iron
Awesome, thank you Iron! I just copied that link into my spreadsheet so I can refer back to it when my braids come in. Your final braids look great and I'll try to emulate them in the ESB version.

Ordered the same and I'm happy. Used Raf's template for ESB and not too much work, other than adding red/blue embroidery thread and shortening one of the ties.

Awesome, thank you Iron! I just copied that link into my spreadsheet so I can refer back to it when my braids come in. Your final braids look great and I'll try to emulate them in the ESB version.

bobafettaz
You bet! Glad you like the tips. I just wanted you to be aware that the ESB and ROTJ are NOT the same. (in case you didn't already know) See below for the comparison.
Boba Fett Wookiee Braids - ESB vs ROTJ Comparison.jpg

Hope this helps some. (y)

-Iron

Initially I got those off the Bay of E as well for ROTJ and found it would take alot to get them anywhere near accurate. Was able to post in the wanted's for Woodman's and a great member came through for me. Worth a shot for you.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back