With a proper paint job can a Rubies bucket be 501st approved?

Neo Fett

Active Hunter
The helmet:
Capture.PNG
My first attempt at a paint job: (going to redo)
20160929_000615.jpg

As Crumdum said it takes more than a paint job. There are several things that would have to be redone in addition to the paint job.

It would be much easier to start with a quality helmet.

like others have said, a lot of time, easily double or more the time for the early DP helmets. With the right amount of time, you could make anything screen accurate. After working over a DP helmet in the late 90s and again a few years ago, I swore off that kind of punishment. So when my brother asked me to fix up his Rubie, I bought him an Animefan helmet and painted it, and said there ya go. I use the rubie he gave as a candy bowl for halloween. Surely he's figured it out by now :unsure

The newer Target exclusive Rubies from last year is very similar to my SgtFang. The plastic is real thin, so I would worry about breaking it if you don't reinforce.

Looks like you already made lens darker. The rangefinder stalk is about an inch too short. I don't know about the dented. I think your GML would be a jerk to say it's shaped wrong if you get the paint perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A

I've just painted this one up for a friend, looks to be a recast of the Rubies helmet (he didn't know it was a recast when he bought it). The helmet has accuracy issues, but overall the helmet is a pretty good shape, Looks a lot better with a bit of work too:

FullSizeRender_zpsquaoqshe.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back