Wireless servo kit

Here is a new vid with the stalk connected to the servo using a nylon coupler. I had to drill oit the stalk hole to a little bigger than 3/8 inches. The stalk sits on top of the coupler and I still used the set screw to hold the stalk in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also used the modified Asok stalk not the FP stalk that is in the pics in post #160.

Curious, I used the same servo for my helmet but the thing is noisy...very noisy..I'm wondering how yours is so quiet, compared to mine:

th_IMG_3707_zpse8426f12.jpg

Honestly, if you're offering these in the near future, I may just get one from you. I had a hell of a time trying to re-use an RC car components. I got it working well enough but my issue right now is that I'm having signal strength issues.

I'm not sure why mine is so much quieter than yours. What are you powering the servo with? I will be offering these soon, just working out the stalk/ servo attachment method. Once that's done, I will be ready to offer these. I will be adding the kit to my sellbuddy ad when it's ready to go.

I'm not sure why mine is so much quieter than yours. What are you powering the servo with? I will be offering these soon, just working out the stalk/ servo attachment method. Once that's done, I will be ready to offer these. I will be adding the kit to my sellbuddy ad when it's ready to go.

Uses 4 AA batteries. I'm not sure, maybe it's just the one I got. It works, honestly, if you get to a point of production with the transmitter and control board, I wouldn't mind just switching those out with what I have.

I may have one or two kits available in the next couple weeks. I need to order some servo couplings, and once I get them I will draw up some instructions. Keep in mind that due to the number of different stalks and helmets, the instructions will give basic ideas not a complete how to install.

I'm currently working on the instructions and I hope to have them finished this weekend. Once its done, I will start assembling the transmitters and switches for a few kits. I should have 2 maybe 3 kits ready once I get the servos.

I don't have any of either kits ready right now. I will be ordering parts soon for the light kits and servo kits. Keep an eye on my sales thread in the cargo hold for updates.

The light kit is $50 plus shipping and I don't have an exact total for the servo kit yet. Hoping to have the parts the end of the month to build more stuff.

JC, did you ever get the servo kit sussed out? If so, what's the depth on the servo? I've got one of AnimeFan's Premium FP's on the way, supposedly it's one of the larger helmets out there and I was wondering if I could squeeze a servo and my head in there!

Thanks,
Main

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back