WIP: bcurtis's ESB Fett build (Lord help me) Pic Heavy!

Big BIIIIGGGG update!!! Rick delivered my gear today and we set out to finish little loose ends with the costume, such as helmet liner install, chin strap install, etc. I am pleased beyond words with how it turned out. I will properly thank Ponte once I have had some sleep. For now I just wanted to share a few photos with you all before I go to bed. There are some things that we need to adjust, most notably the chest logo placement and the addition of a bit of silver damage. The rest are little cosmetic things for my convenience. I hope the pictures to the outfit justice. This has been a labor of love (and hate) for 3 years! I am so happy to be crossing the *finish* line (haha yeah right). Anyhow please enjoy the photos. I'll be submitting to my 501st GML before the weekend is over. Take care!

IMG_3086.jpgIMG_3098.jpgIMG_3105.jpgIMG_3107.jpgIMG_3109.jpgIMG_3110.jpgIMG_3112.jpgIMG_3113.jpgIMG_3073.jpgIMG_3084.jpgIMG_3081.jpgIMG_3085.jpg

Amazing, Curtis! It must feel so good to finally be done.

It's so funny when you first put on the suit and have to take photos....and you're like, 'oh...how the heck do I pose?'....lol. At least that's how I felt. Looking sharp my friend. Definitely a costume to cherish for years to come.

Awesome job! I'm very motivated by this post. I just started and I just received my helmet this week. I can't wait to post "my finished work" someday. I know I have a looong way to go. haha...thanks!

Im gonna need you to put your knees on correctly....other then that its looking amazing. Rick said he finished your stuff up and was heading over to deliver and that boy can certainly paint cant he?

Amazing, Curtis! It must feel so good to finally be done.

It's so funny when you first put on the suit and have to take photos....and you're like, 'oh...how the heck do I pose?'....lol. At least that's how I felt. Looking sharp my friend. Definitely a costume to cherish for years to come.

Haha! So true! I'm not quite sure it's settled in yet that it's mine.

Awesome job! I'm very motivated by this post. I just started and I just received my helmet this week. I can't wait to post "my finished work" someday. I know I have a looong way to go. haha...thanks!

Thanks, man. Patience is key. This took just under three years to come together.

Im gonna need you to put your knees on correctly....other then that its looking amazing. Rick said he finished your stuff up and was heading over to deliver and that boy can certainly paint cant he?

I guess he's okay....Lol! I am sitting here looking at the helmet he painted and it's just beyond anything I hoped for. Rick is insanely gifted. He's also a saint because he stayed over for nearly 11 hours yesterday to make sure that we got all of the tiny details and things the way we wanted. I am proud of this Fett.

What's wrong with my knees? I'm not seeing it.

Looks great, bcurtis! Must feel nice. I like the pic of you with the cape across the front, it's one of my favorite looks for Fett. Inspiring for me to get mine finished and submitted for my local 501st Garrison.

Nice Fett there! Personally I'd weather up the soft parts a bit more, but its really beautiful, be proud :cheers

Think its to do with lighting....you can see its all washed out...Flash and indoors

Curtis, I was asking Rick about the white washing on the pack since I assumed he painted it...but I guess he did not. Its a bit distracting. On that area of the pack the green should be pretty much sanded with a high grit paper to get it to be thinned out....I dont think white washing that area is correct.

Think its to do with lighting....you can see its all washed out...Flash and indoors

Curtis, I was asking Rick about the white washing on the pack since I assumed he painted it...but I guess he did not. Its a bit distracting. On that area of the pack the green should be pretty much sanded with a high grit paper to get it to be thinned out....I dont think white washing that area is correct.

I hadn't paid attention to the washing out but you're right. Although I always think most Fetts look too clean anyways haha watch mine be like coated in mud :lol:

I hadn't paid attention to the washing out but you're right. Although I always think most Fetts look too clean anyways haha watch mine be like coated in mud :lol:

Pretty sure they used Ricks Camera...his un corrected photos did the same thing. I agree though theres a line between the semi weathered the weathered and filthy haha

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back