WIP : An Irishmans' scratch-build ESB Boba Fett

steoconnor, lol you start by saying your budget isn't generous-then you go buy 3mm Aluminium and make us all look bad.

I came to this thread to give you tips-but from the looks of things you don't need my help-keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe I missed this comment. Thanks a lot for the kind words. Sure I'm only a relative stone's throw away in Kildare ;)
3D printing is where I want to be sometime late next year. I'd love to be able to print a set of gauntlets instead of attempt to hand craft them (yep you do detect some laziness there) :)
Have you got a build thread mate?
I'm still working in the background on the jetpack at the moment and might have some updates in the next few weeks.
Cheers and good luck with your own build - might have to pick your brains on the painting piece if you don't mind :)

heya ste, no i havent got a thread. i should probably do one. 95% finished my esb EE3 blaster. just some weathering to do. then onto finishing my jetpack and gauntlets. ive ordered my RS helmet which should arrive in the new year. i have all the armour sitting in a box waiting to be painted. then im pretty much done.

have you ever thought of coming to the dark side and Join the 501st when you are done?

Really nice, I want to try this!
Where are @cyberpyrot's videos?

Here is one of CyberPyrots posts that got me started mate. It has links and videos. I hope it helps. :)
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/...aking-metal-armor-54766/?highlight=cyberpyrot

You seriously got some skills, will be following your progress!
Most kind killstripes most kind. Looks like I'm stuck on a house project till the new year so it will be mid Jan when I'm able to start on my Boba again

@steoconnor, lol you start by saying your budget isn't generous-then you go buy 3mm Aluminium and make us all look bad.
I came to this thread to give you tips-but from the looks of things you don't need my help-keep up the good work.
Well I got the metal for a very reasonable price as I know a guy who knows a guy etc. I'll take all the tips I can, believe me. I actually had a bad experience using epoxy weld for the cod pieces so I need to use advice I got from other guys here to finish that bit. Thanks for the words of encouragement mate.

heya ste, no i havent got a thread. i should probably do one. 95% finished my esb EE3 blaster. just some weathering to do. then onto finishing my jetpack and gauntlets. ive ordered my RS helmet which should arrive in the new year. i have all the armour sitting in a box waiting to be painted. then im pretty much done.
have you ever thought of coming to the dark side and Join the 501st when you are done?

Oh wow, sounds like you're well on the road to completing your build then. Would love to see some pics Aidan, if you had the time to post.
I've only begun looking at all this 501st stuff since late last year (when I bought a fairly cheap ABS Stormtrooper kit, and proceeded to properly mess it up) but yeah it's certainly something I will hope to be doing next year Aidan. Even just to be part of the crew would be great. So I'll be in touch for sure :)
Here is my Stormie "effort" that I hobbled together for the midnight show of TFA in Liffey Valley last year (I'll be there again next week for Rogue One) :)
And before you say it...yes I am a little short :D and yes the gun, shoes and LEDs are not standard ( I had such a short time to put it together that I couldn't get all the right bits so had to improvise).
Stormtrooper_ste.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back