Will Friedrichs, RKD, is now one with the Force. Rest In Peace, Brother.

Discussion in 'The Sarlacc Pit' started by jbdubz, Aug 12, 2017 at 2:48 AM.

1. hvacdon

hvacdon Jr Member

Very sad news, a loss to all. I had some interaction while getting my armor from him. He went out of his way to help out and was great to deal with. His skill, craft, and devotion to all will be greatly missed..
    I will be honored, and proud to wear his armor.

2. VIARPE

VIARPE Jr Member

Damn, very sad news indeed, he will be missed here, a lot :(

3. Refugee

Refugee Member

I'm shocked and saddened by this news. I hardly knew Will but in our few exchanges he was so friendly and went out of his way to provide his service. It's obvious from the above posts that to those who knew him he was a generous and humble human being. He will be deeply missed.

4. thebeans

thebeans Member

Terribly sad news that this young talented artists and big contributor to the starwars costuming community is gone . The few interactions I had with him on TDH were only ever pleasant and positive, he will be missed here and now doubt by his friends and family, R.I.P RKD

5. BobasDent1138

BobasDent1138 Member

What horrible news... I was heartbroken when I saw this. He was nothing but generous and caring, a really genuine person. He will be sorely missed, but as stated his legacy lives on with the masterpieces he's left with some of us. Sincerely awful :(

6. Zon

Zon Member

Sad news indeed. I'm honored to wear his armor.

jbdubz likes this.
  7. Matty Matt

Matty Matt Active Member

Very sad news. One of the best contributors to these boards for sure. He will be missed.

8. rnbuda

rnbuda Active Member

Rest In Peace. RKD always helpful when I reached out to him. Very sad indeed.

9. toolguy301

toolguy301 Active Member

Was saddened to hear this & nothing but respect for this humble man. To continue to work on what he loved & provide a quality product. RIP & condolences to family & friends. He will be greatly missed.

10. Bbbmssr

Bbbmssr New Member

So I've kinda been holding off on this as I didn't know him personally or what to say but every encounter I had with him was great and he did an awesome job for the community but the news was a little more shocking as one of the greatest men I ever knew personally died on the same day from the big c and he also was just like rkd working right up till the end to make people smile. Rkd was a great man and will be sorely missed. I will be proud to remember him every time I wear my armor from here on out. Thank you will for bringing enjoyment into many lives and rest in piece

jbdubz likes this.
  11. MMcFett

MMcFett New Member

I wish I could have met him. I have some of his pieces and he was very great to work with. This was a total shock to me. I'm new to this community and he was very helpful in answering my questions. He will be greatly missed.

12. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Jr Member

This one has hit pretty close to home. As someone who wears RKD armor, and someone who is dealing with cancer I've been feeling this one pretty hard. RKD will no doubt be missed greatly and I hope his family can find some bit of normalcy after this loss. I know the loss for the community will be felt for a long time.

RIP Will.

SingaFett and jbdubz like this.
  13. Cyris

Cyris Member

I knew he had been sick, though this still came as a shock today on my Facebook feed. And despite my sporadic activity, Will always came across to me as one of the friendliest people here. I'm not surprised by the outpouring of love and respect, and even though I never got to meet him either, he was always helpful, encouraging, and answered any dumb question I had regarding props and armor. And his customer service was some of the best I've had! It's people like him that make me want to be a part of the costuming community. Even now, I still have his armor, waiting to be touched on a future Mando project. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. He will be missed!

14. I just saw the horrible news on IG. I haven't worked in my costume in a couple months...but my full set of RKD armor that's sitting in my garage workspace will be finished soon. I didn't have the opportunity to interact with will much, outside of ordering my armor from him, which was wonderfully sculpted and a very easy transaction. My condolences to those close. Rest in peace Will.

15. Saturniid19

Saturniid19 Active Member

I only knew him through his armor services; he was always professional and helpful. This is a big loss to the community. I wish I had met him personally. Anyone have any good stories about Will?

16. ToEleven

ToEleven Member

Uhg wow. So sorry to hear this.

17. Arkady

Arkady Active Member

Awful news, he had a few of my suits and he was always great to work with. He will be missed.

jbdubz likes this.
  18. hamsandwich72

hamsandwich72 Jr Member

Rest in peace RKD. I will think of you every time I put on your armor.

gablesz and jbdubz like this.
  19. RealMatix

RealMatix Member

A big shock for me.. as a more than satisfied customer. Can't imagine the feelings of the people who where near to him. My condolences to his family. RIP Will

20. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

I am saddened by this news. This was a big loss for the community. One thing is for certain... he will live on in my costume. My knees, back armor, kidney and cod, and gauntlets are all RKD's.

When he said that he was not taking any more orders, I felt for him, but didn't realize it was goodbye. He made sure everyone was taken care of first, which to me speaks volumes for his character. I still can't believe he is gone.

the_man_with_the_ee3 and jbdubz like this.
  21. gablesz

gablesz Jr Member

As a recent customer of RKD it's now apparent that he worked on my armor while sick. I received my armor shortly before him announcing he would be taking a break from armor making. I think it speaks to how much he loved the community and doing what he did. He was incredibly helpful to me even in topics unrelated to armor. He was incredibly nice always. I can't wait to get my armor approved so I can represent him at troops for years to come. It's quite amazing the legacy he will leave with so many fetts.

the_man_with_the_ee3 likes this.
  22. Gory

Gory New Member

RIP. Really sad to hear this kind of news

23. Funkyred

Funkyred Jr Member

I have just read that his funeral is going to be on the 28th, would anyone stateside and preferably local to RKD be willing to arrange some flowers from all at TDH . I am over here in the U.K. And would be more than willing to contribute something financially as I had numerous contacts with Will and a lot of respect for him and his work

24. Drax

Drax Jr Member

I had very minimal contact with Will but just as others have mentioned he was a great person to work with. I know it's been shocking to many and myself included but may he rest in peace and no longer have to fight with the struggles that he was having. I would be willing to chip in on a flower arrangement for him or possibly set something up depending on where he was located.

25. Fettastic

Fettastic Member

Wow. What a tragic loss for his immediate family and his Fett family here on TDH. Even though I only purchased one set of armor from him, we did have many conversations. I always considered Will a staple here at TDH. He was extremely helpful and seriously had the best customer service.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace Will, RKD, BH-6566

-Cameron BH-77377