Who are your favorite Helmet casters for a ROTJ build?

So if I want a really good ROTJ replica, it sounds like a MR Premium mold is the way to go. And it sounds like the most accurate recasts of that are the Premium FP version offered by Animefan, darthvorhees, rs props, asok, and FP.

Does that sum it up well?
Are there big differences in accuracy or quality amongst those builders? Pm me please if you don't want to publicly share that info.

Thank you all, this has been very helpful!

Sent from my SGH-T999L

So if I want a really good ROTJ replica, it sounds like a MR Premium mold is the way to go. And it sounds like the most accurate recasts of that are the Premium FP version offered by Animefan, darthvorhees, rs props, asok, and FP.

Does that sum it up well?
Are there big differences in accuracy or quality amongst those builders? Pm me please if you don't want to publicly share that info.

Thank you all, this has been very helpful!

Sent from my SGH-T999L

That would be my assessment of what is currently available; the MR line is still the king and hasn't yet been bettered with the GMH working well for the smaller person. I can't comment on the BM V3. I wish someone would do an in depth writeup. It could be great. It might not be too, of course.

So far as I know the following people are definitely currently producing MR derivatives

Animefan
Darth Vorhees
RS PROPMASTERS

Asok produced the GMH and the budget MR with molded in ears. She hasn't logged in for months. So far as I know FP only offers his FPH2 line at this time. I have to say that I think the price of a painted helmet given by RS propmasters seems like great value (assuming the paint job is decent). Quality wise I'd be surprised if there was any outspoken descent against the producers mentioned. They all make good stuff. Animefan does a nice feature with in built ear attachments that I like as ear attachment can be a pain. It's a nice touch rather than a deal breaker and I couldn't say whether or not RS or DVH offer similar.

Some folks no longer have the aluminum stalks, but I know if you really want one Gav (MojoFett) still makes them and they're hollow, and fit the MR series. He's in the UK, but I got mine in 10 days from him. He doesn't come round here often anymore, but he was super pleasant to do business with.

I would look at the FP premium from animefan for that. The BM lid has the wavy brow, which is typically left for ESB builds. Obviously folks paint them in either style, but the FP premium does not have the wavy brow and seems to me a better choice for ROTJ

I finally got a response from him and saw his beautiful FP cold casts. I am totally smitten and will be ordering next friday. I absolutely can't wait to get started.

I was interested to see some posts higher up suggesting BM does a non esb version. Can anyone expand on that?

Daz says that the V3 helmet he makes has the wavy brow greatly reduced, so it would be an ideal candidate as well for an ROTJ bucket.
Same height as his V2 so I believe they're in between a GMH and an MR replica in size.

Daz says that the V3 helmet he makes has the wavy brow greatly reduced, so it would be an ideal candidate as well for an ROTJ bucket.
Same height as his V2 so I believe they're in between a GMH and an MR replica in size.

I really need to see and hold one before I could add anything constructive but considering his acquisition of an early PP2 cast it certainly adds a potential winner for fett fans.

Well I also am looking for a screen accurate ROTJ helmet. I have been in touch with bm and it would be 13 months out. What I do know now is bm's website is awsome. What I'm looking for is accurate but better time frame. BTW I'm 6'1" and 185. I started to think maybe bmw bucket would be too small. Does this change my options from the above mentioned suppliers?

Well I also am looking for a screen accurate ROTJ helmet. I have been in touch with bm and it would be 13 months out. What I do know now is bm's website is awsome. What I'm looking for is accurate but better time frame. BTW I'm 6'1" and 185. I started to think maybe bmw bucket would be too small. Does this change my options from the above mentioned suppliers?

Your best bet, with accuracy and timeframe considered, would be to contact animefan or DarthVorhees here on TDH.

Thank you I have seen animefan's bucket in the cargo hold. I gonna due a search on Darth Voorhees I'm not familiar with that one yet.
Thanks again
ScottS

I'm 6' and 185 and I'm very pleased with my Darth Voorhees lid. Mines ESB tho and I thought I read somewhere Lou isn't currently doing ROTJ lids. I'd PM him, he's great to deal with.....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back