Who are your favorite Helmet casters for a ROTJ build?

Kilryth

Hunter
Who are your favorite helmet casters for a ROTJ build? Which do you think are most accurate?
What are your opinions?

I built a Mandalorian in 2009, but I haven't revisited casters much since. Some are well advertised, but the most accurate are sometimes difficult to find. =)
This time I'm targeting to build an accurate ROTJ Fett, using a metal RF stalk (for durability).
I know there are many casters & recasters out there, so I'd like to narrow it down to some of the highest rated ones here.

Thank you!

I went with bobamaker for my helmet on my rotj fett build. He has a long wait time coz he is one of the top most popular helmet and armor makers out there. I had to wait 6 months to get all my armor/helmet from him. I don't know how long the wait time is now on him.

Also I here that fettpride makes a good helmet to. I may try to find out if he does a jango helmet so I can have 1 from bobamaker and 1 from fettpride.

I'm sure some other dentheads here will know a few others here that recast some good helmets also.

I'm wanting to know the same.
I spoke to someone yesturday, and he has an Asok GMH and its shape is superb!.. AFAIK, bobamakers helmet is ESB due to the brow wave, whether your going for 100℅ screen accuracy or whether bobamaker does a Rotj lid, I dunno?

Anyway, hope you get some answers :)

I told bobamaker that I was doing rotj and I and I wanted that lid. I don't see that brow wave or that damage by the visor like the esb helmet.

Wow I thought 7 months I waited on bobamaker to make mine was a real long time. A year that's insanely a long time.
I think I read on here that someone else has taken over fettprides work for some reason.

Wow I thought 7 months I waited on bobamaker to make mine was a real long time. A year that's insanely a long time.
I think I read on here that someone else has taken over fettprides work for some reason.

No, Fettpride sold molds for older helmets he no longer produces...some others like Asok and Animefan own those molds they sell their own casts of olders fettpride helmets like the budget helmet and premium....they aren't as accurate as the FPH2 however. And again FPs fiberglassing is superior from my experience. He has a lot of customers and a back log of work to catch up on....being a one man show and all. But like any master craftsman, his work is worth the wait. Ive waited patiently too...have gotten customers helmets before my own in the past. Hence Ive held a few FPH2s but don't have mine in hand yet.

Really disappointed with the FPH2 I owned. The built in damage is a nice touch but the overall flattened dome shape and exaggerated flare means it quickly leaves the realms of believability and I don't think should be considered accurate. The quality of the FG work on mine was reasonable but by no means exceptional and nowhere near as good as the stuff I have received from other quality makers (like BM). Personally I think the best option out there is something in the lines derived from the Master Replicas. In terms of overall size and shape it still knocks nearly everything else out there aside by a long way. The dent is a bit ill defined and large but overall it's still the king by a long way for me. Several makers, already mentioned, produce those.

I've yet to see a BM V3 in person. It looks nice in photo's but that means nothing in comparison to having it in hand. It seems to have a shape improvement over the v2 which had a definite mystery helmet look to it (itself a benchmark) and hopefully is bigger than his older helmets which seemed a little small. As mentioned it's ESB specific. I don't know if there's a vanilla option that you could customise to ROTJ.

I'm still a fan of the GMH and for a smaller person it works well; what Fettpride did in restoration to get from the father cast to the helmets he (and now others) offered was nothing short of miraculous. A great Base for any helmet for the smaller person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still a fan of the GMH and for a smaller person it works well; what Fettpride did in restoration to get from the father cast to the helmets he (and now others) offered was nothing short of miraculous. A great Base for any helmet for the smaller person.

What would you define as a "smaller person"? Are we talking shoulder width/girth or height & chin length? Is it for children and smaller women mostly?

I had a 'large' M-DSB helmet that fit me perfect, and one of the Asok helmets I saw was a fairly good fit, but the Saz helmet I had was WAY too big.

So I'm trying to figure out what helmet would be a good fit for me also. I'm 5'10", 40" chest, and 36" waist.

Thank you guys so much; this thread is very helpful!

I'm leaning towards a Bobamaker because of everyone speaking so highly & the aluminum RF stalk. I am still considering Asok and Fettpride though. I will have to look into those a bit more.

Does anyone know how M-DSB (or NME Props, or whatever the builder is now) accuracy is?

I'm 5'8"/5'9" 135 lbs and this is the GMH on me on the left, and the MR premium on me on the right. uploadfromtaptalk1450290069233.jpg

The GMH is just a smaller helmet overall (the original and the copies it spawned) although not necessarily a perfectly scaled down version of the helmet it traces it's lineage to; it isn't uniformedly smaller and has its own unique proportions although that said the overall shape is nice. I wouldn't describe it as being for women and children. Many a TDH member are happy with their GMH helmets and they're still in demand. I would describe 5'9"/5'8" (and under) and being under 12 stones as a smaller person. Based on the numbers you provide you sound about average in size. I suspect you could get away with the GMH but it might be a bit small.

What are the Saz and MDSB helmets? Am not familiar with these terms.

I can't comment on the size of the BM V3 helmets bease i haven't seen one in person. The older V2 helmets were certainly considered small.

I think all of the quality makers supply aluminium stalks these days (RS propmasters, Asok, Fettpride, BM, Darth Vorhees, and Animefan certainly do).

That's another name that often gets missed off: Darth Vorhees. To my understanding his helmet is a Master Replicas derivative with some added flare. Animefan and RS propmasters helmets are also MR based to my knowledge.

I'm not sure whether Asok is producing either the MR budget or the GMH at the moment. She hasn't been around for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used buck Rogers for my helmet I got a lightweight helmet for $80 and painted it myself. Wait time was 6 days

Sent from my Mos Eisley Spaceport

I used buck Rogers for my helmet I got a lightweight helmet for $80 and painted it myself. Wait time was 6 days

Sent from my Mos Eisley Spaceport

I bought a buck rogers TIE fighter pilot helmet, but it was smaller scale & based off of the Rubies. He did good work on it.
What is his Boba helmet made after? GMH, Master Replicas?

I'm in the market for a ROTJ helm as well. I just heard back from Bobamaker and apparently he won't be able to get a helmet out to me until October or November!

That's about right for him. That's the demand for the product. He has given me similar time frames and longer before. Always delivered.

I'm in the market for a ROTJ helm as well. I just heard back from Bobamaker and apparently he won't be able to get a helmet out to me until October or November!

I would look at the FP premium from animefan for that. The BM lid has the wavy brow, which is typically left for ESB builds. Obviously folks paint them in either style, but the FP premium does not have the wavy brow and seems to me a better choice for ROTJ

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back