Which helmet is this?

steveo

New Hunter
Hi guys and gals,

I recently bought a BF helmet off someone that claimed it was an MSH. I was curious if it really is or if it's a different version. I think it's pretty safe to assume that this is a recasted helmet. The fiberglassing is less than desireable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bf.jpg

bf1.jpg

bf2.jpg

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
It looks like a recast "mystery helmet". It is not a MSH for sure. The dent tells the tale for that.

HeadlessHunter

Well-Known Hunter
Its one of those that crops up all the time here, usually under the heading 'My Mystery Helmet Is Cracked/Split/Thin' From what Ive read in previous threads its going to need some serious reinforcement.

steveo

New Hunter
Great, just what I needed to hear. Yeah, I'm the one who posted there. Can you tell I'm not very happy with it? I wish I would have done some more homework, really sad thing is I've seen some nicer helmets going for less than I paid. :( Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Steveo

pennywise

Well-Known Hunter
You might have to sell it for alittle less than you paid for it. Take a little loss but be rid of it. Or paint it and let it be a learning project. Then sell it (it will be easier to sell finished) Then take that money and buy a new one, now you have "learned" on the first and the second should come out even better.