When to hang up the helmet

I started just 4 years ago at 48 with a Episode IV TK and have added a costume a year since then. I am a bit slow in the progress at times, but eventually work in the time to get things going. The current project is a Jango build. It's great fun to meet new people and see what they are working on. I learn something new all the time from the great folks on these forums.

You guys are all on about being too old to troop and I'm sat here like; I'm 16 and my stormtrooper armor is coming next year. Hahaha
But on the topic of being too old, just do what you love, forget the rest, be yourself and have fun!!

Sent from my 5022X

Turned 44 in May and just got my TK approved. I'll go as long as I can and as stated previously. It will look awesome on a mannequin when it's all said and done.

Sent from my LGLS740

I started trooping Boba when I was 27. I'm now 44 and still doing it. I don't see me stopping anytime soon. I have found as I've aged it's harder on the body to do as many hours costuming as I did in my younger years, but I still do it cause I love doing it. I just troop for shorter periods of time (not 6-8 hours straight like I used to do).

Im 44 and still going, started 8yrs ago at 36. Like Mr Fett said, i have been doing shorter events and not going to EVERY SINGLE ONE posted any more like i used to, but i still am out there pretty regularly . I also have a few different costumes, some more comfy than other to suit my mood for the day lol. Once you have the gear and start doing it, its kind of hard to stop. I dont think the wife would let you spend all this cash on a suit, and then not let ya enjoy it to the fullest extent you can :)

Age is in the mind, if you dont mind, it dont matter :)

I would honestly say, when you feel the passion is over I would stop. I'm 32, always wanted to be apart of something like this, I have for a few years now, just with other costumes. I have a few friends that I have met who are in there 50's, some still do it, but a few did hang it up. They said, when it started to feel like a chore, and bothered them to suit up, they knew it was time. You can always still love and like something, doesn't change who you are when you don't wear the costume.

I'm nearly 50 (did I just say that?) and have yet to get my Fett approved by my local 501st, but I've trooped on my own and enjoyed it very much. I'm hoping that I can get enough local-to-me folks together to form our own mini-garrison or whatever it's called. Anyway once I'm approved I hope to troop for a long time, it's a lot of fun as far as I can tell. Getting to go to major events with my local 501st will make it more fun, I think.

Walking is one of the best things you can do, very good for your body all other things aside. Keep walking and you keep living! I used a fitness app last time I trooped and it said I doubled my walking goal. I have inserts for my Fett boots.

I'm 42 and just started. I figure better late than never. And it's been fun to have my son help me. He's 10 and already went to a minor league game as Kylo Ren. Even signed a few autographs!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back