When COVID is "behind" us.... ALL FETT MEET!

jhfagan

Active Hunter
You know, wouldn't it be great if we could all convene for a weekend somewhere and bring our best Fett buckets ( and costumes) and "look on them with our own eyes" ( thanks Darth for the quote insp.), and be able to actually see how each of our helms looks in person, rather than always in pictures on a screen, and to compare building notes and tips and maybe even little demonstrations of techniques, almost like mini in person work shops?
Where, when, who's basement?

I assume you are referring to US Fetts?
I'm in as long as it's relatively close.
I own a Cessna 182 and can fly in. I'm in Orlando, Fl.

I would love to meet you guys in person.

I belong to another forum all about lasers. Pre-COVID we would meet up a couple times a year in different locations. They are called LEM's (Laser Enthusiasts Meetings). The big meet is in Charlotte, N.C. and we typically have 80-100 people show up. It lasts 5 days, but it started out just like this. Just a few guys getting together for a day to spew laser garbage. They are aware of my Fett build and think it's amazing what we do here.

It would even be cool to meet up at a con sometime too. I used to go to cons all the time here in Ohio. Colossalcon, Ohayocon and Matsuricon. A lot of anime stuff but the occasional Star Wars costumes are to be seen. I think the 501st had a booth at the last Colossalcon.

I belong to another forum all about lasers. Pre-COVID we would meet up a couple times a year in different locations. They are called LEM's (Laser Enthusiasts Meetings).

That sounds dope, I bet there are some crazy scary lasers that show up or are talked about.

Yeah, there is a level of danger to what we do, but we all look out for each other and run the event very safely and professionally.

I imagine it to be like this?

1598104664600.png

This would actually be pretty cool. To have our own con. Like a central hotel and use the conference rooms for setups. Like the RPF prop parties or smaller hotel cons. Everyone will be invited. And whom ever wants to display their work, they can. Then in the evenings we could convert the rooms for late shenanigans after dinner meet ups. Meet up Friday and setup, Saturday show, then Sunday pack-out and go home.

This would actually be pretty cool. To have our own con. Like a central hotel and use the conference rooms for setups. Like the RPF prop parties or smaller hotel cons. Everyone will be invited. And whom ever wants to display their work, they can. Then in the evenings we could convert the rooms for late shenanigans after dinner meet ups. Meet up Friday and setup, Saturday show, then Sunday pack-out and go home.

FettCon - 2021

We could have directional signs from the parking lots to the meeting place that say "This is the way"

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back