What to make first?

Custom Mando seems like an extra expense. If you want to do Boba, spend the time and money on Boba. At 14 you have WAY more time than money, and Boba is a ridiculously long build if you DIY.

Look at my WIP thread or Silverstalker's to name a couple. There are plenty others.

I mention my WIP because I'm making it for my son who is just turning 14.

Most of the stuff can be made out of cardboard and all the templates are free. With cardboard, some resin and Fiberglass and bondo, you can have the helmet, gauntlets, and jet pack done. All of those are the same size no matter your size.

So, start with the helmet. Either WoF templates or Rafalfetts. Rafal's templates come with a REALLY good tutorial. Just follow that tutorial step by step and you'll have a superb helmet as a base. Start to finish for the helmet, beginning to painted? Depending on your commitment, probably less than a week. Then onto the gauntlets. Those are WoF templates with bondo, but not fiberglass.

You can do armor from a trash can or two. The WOF templates have scaled armor for whatever size you think you'll be.

Laslty, learn to sew. Unless you can buy all the sewn parts, have someone you know teach you to use a sewing machine. Mom, sister, aunt, grandma, dad etc. If you can't use a sewing machine, scratch building a costume will be next to impossible. There is just so much sewing.

Good luck! Start with the helmet. When that is done, you'll have gained any skills you need to complete all the hard parts of the costume.

Where did you get your trash can? I've been looking all over for one that works and cant find one. A specific place and brand and model pls. Thanks!

Allow me to throw in my two credits, Batninja has a great tutorial on how to scratch build ammo pouches. It is was I used and they turned out really well. You won't grow out of ammo pouches, you will just need a longer belt as you grow. Same with the shin tools. They will always stay the same, and, as was pointed out to me, the only item that is purchased that are screen accurate.

Helmet, jetpack and EE-3 blaster. All very iconic show pieces that you can have on display as you continue building your suit and will still fit after your late blooming growth spirt! Problem is, you have to decide ESB, ROTJ, or ROTJ SE before you start any of those. Go ESB, you'll thank me once you have fully matured. ;)

I'd do a mercs first. If you make your own armor it can be quite cheap in comparison. I'm about $2,000 into Boba but only about $300 into a mercs and they more or less have all the same parts. Get in contact with your local clan and see if anyone is willing to help you. I have a very welcoming clan here in Blue Moon and they helped me shape, make, and paint armor from PVC ($15/2ft tube) and then I got on etsy for a vest ($100) and amazon for a flight suit ($40).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back