what should I use for a lightsaber?

Zurath Kodul

Active Hunter
I know that I've made some of you mad at me over the past few weeks, and I'm sorry for that. I hope that we can start over on the right foot with this thread.

I'm going to get a piece of pipe for the saber, but need some help on what size it should be. I also would like advice on what to use to detail it.

Once again, I'm sorry for what has happened before, so let's start over here. HF

Yeah, I saw those, made me jealous. I'm thinking of just buying one, but unsure if it would look cheesy or not. The stroe-bought are the 12-16" long ones with a flimsy belt clip, what do yuo guys think?

Now that I think of it...might be the best idea in your case. The parts for mine cost around $20-30 for each one...and I had to use a dremel tool with a cutting wheel to make them. If you don't have one of those badboys...you're kind of limited on designs.

Yep, you should probably go that route if you don't have a dremel. But make sure if you continue costuming and prop building, you should definatly get a dremel as soon as you can. It's truly a great thing. *hugs dremel* :p

You should really check out the Jedi Assembly and look up a guy called Tanzan. He has made a tutorial on cutting metal pipes with hacksaws and no dremels. He's a saber master and the one i learned how to build this:

Andy_Lightsaber_001.gif

My latest "dooku style" curved handle lightsaber:

normal_DSC01305.JPG

normal_DSC01307.JPG

I need to get some brighter pics. I used a curved vaccuum cleaner handle and a dremel to cut the sink tube that's slipped over it. It's also got a painted sink faucet handle as a pommel and 40 O-rings for the grip.

I own 2 hardware sabers...and this is my favorite.

Ah, yeah, forgot about TBYB. I made the Vader style hilt that's on that website. While building it, I couldn't find the thin-walled PVC, so it turned out kind of crappy with the thick-walled stuff, which was too big for the drain tube. Since then I have found the right PVC, and I'm using it for my custom Mando blaster. :)

-Chris

I saw those over at TIA, very nice work.

I'll Check TBYB for the stuff, as long as it's not too expensive. My mom is already about to kill me 'cause I talked her into 3 cans of paint for my armor. Theres a craft shop around that going out of business and we go them for 20% off, just under $15.

That must be some high quality paint. I got 3 cans for $8 for my Mando.

If it helps, my Vader style lightsaber cost about $15. It was made with a metal drain pipe, PVC, windshield wiper for grips, screws for the grips, and some random things for a button and knob. I used a dremel to cut the PVC, but the cuts weren't too detailed, so it could probably be done with a hacksaw too.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back