General What is the best material for Boba Fett armor?

BobaFresh

Hunter
Greetings! So for a year I've attempted to do a ROTJ/SE Boba Fett build. At First, I made the first batch of armor out of 10mm EVA foam. I did not like it at all. It was too small and thick. I did a second attempt at the EVA foam armor, this time I made it bigger and I was still unhappy with the results. I then used a ABS like plastic for the armor and this time it was pretty descent. Although, I wore this armor for a inspire Boba 1313-like suit ( My first cosplay suit.) I had a BIG issue with the armor plates. They didn't stay at the proper position it heat formed them in, they would over time expand back to its original state and would get flat. Recently, I had got back to attempt again on my Boba Fett build. I thought about using sintra because I've been doing my research and I hear a lot of positive feed back on different sites. Most folks say that sintra is really good especially with Mando armor. Although, I cant seem to find it anywhere in my local shops. So, my question for you guys is: What material should I use and How thick should the material be for the armor.

ArmorLip.jpg
DSC00015.JPG
Try a sign shop. I was able get scrap sheet styrene in good thickness for little or nothing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back