What are you using for boots?

Jedibrain

Hunter
Kinda curious what folks are using for boots for their mandalorians? I'm not very concerned with canon Boba or Jango boots, more so with just getting an idea of where people are finding boots and what they look for in a mandalorian boot?

So lets see what you've got! Post your pics and info here!

-Brian

I'm using a pair of burgundy GripFast ranger boots. Steel cap is made up of bondo and the plate is plastic and screw-on metal spikes. The plates and shin guards cover up the laces nicely.
boots1.jpg
boots2.jpg
boot3.jpg

I haven't actually found mine yet, but what i am trying to go with is a below knee height (roughly) with a smooth front, no laces. Buckles would be ok, but i'm having trouble finding some that would look "star warsy" What i would love in the end is to have the boot tops and shins to be sealed to the front of the boot, with the front being able to detach to allow the boot to be put on. A rough example of this would be most of the prequel jedi boots, they have a front that detaches, with the full length zip underneath. Good luck with your boot quest, let us know what you find :)

I'm thinking about a pair of MX boots...they look "other-worldly"...I've got a couple of pairs staked out on eBay...I'm not sre how comfortable those would be to wear for a long period of time, tho....:p
Rob

Well, as much as I like the thigh-high a$$ kickers, I just don't have the legs for them. :lol: If I could convince my wife to use those for hers though....where did you get them?

Anyway, I never really gave much thought to using armor pieces to cover the fact that the boots have laces. I have a pair of redwings that i could probably make work like that, though I'd have to pull my jump suit over them to hide the tops, instead of tucking the suit into the boots.

Ideallly, like most of you, I'd love a black pair that was calf high with no laces and a hidden zipper. I'd also like them cheap, which is asking for a lot. To ask for even MORE, I'd like them to be compatible with my Jedi costume, for which I have no boots either.

I'll keep looking, and post what I find. Keep your thoughts coming guys.

Thanks,
Brian

Well, as much as I like the thigh-high a$$ kickers, I just don't have the legs for them. :lol: If I could convince my wife to use those for hers though....where did you get them?

Anyway, I never really gave much thought to using armor pieces to cover the fact that the boots have laces. I have a pair of redwings that i could probably make work like that, though I'd have to pull my jump suit over them to hide the tops, instead of tucking the suit into the boots.

Ideallly, like most of you, I'd love a black pair that was calf high with no laces and a hidden zipper. I'd also like them cheap, which is asking for a lot. To ask for even MORE, I'd like them to be compatible with my Jedi costume, for which I have no boots either.

I'll keep looking, and post what I find. Keep your thoughts coming guys.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,
if you are looking for cheap knee highs in black, that can also go with your jedi, i would recommend these guys on Ebay, Costume bay/base or Pan-in-the-box:

http://stores.ebay.com/Pan-In-The-Box

there boots are pretty good deal for the price, i have worn a set once very comfortably, As far as star wars boots go, they have obi wan, qui-gon and anakin style, either in brown or black.

hope this helps abit, good luck with your boot quest,
Matt

I`m using a pair of old MC Boba Fett boots from his first run over at the RPF.

I think I`ve had these things now for like, 6 years perhaps?

I had a pic online but it has since vanished.

I use Herman Survivor "Leather Upper" boots that where specialy imported for me from my local Wal-Mart. :lol:

I need to do some shopping this weekend. See what I can find locally.

Vaders_Pet, I contacted that Ebay guy before. I like his stuff too, but he doesn't even come close to making a boot in my size (US size 13, which isn't really that big). He doesn't have the ability to make other sizes either, unfortunately.

Those sketchers look alright too...and I could even wear those with street clothes, thought not my jedi costume...but it would justify the cost if I could actually use them for something.

Anyte, great find! Especially for the price. I'm hoping to find something workable cheap somewhere.

-Brian

It's the 5th one down on the page. It's labeled "Forced Entry Tactical Boot". It was a bit of work, but they've got two sets of female halves of button snaps in the sides of them for my armor plates. I'll post pics once I get a new camera (I broke the old one, dropped it in the pool). They're comfortable enough that I've got a second pair on the way to wear around. I can do that without looking stupid since all I've got are black cargo pants. My wardrobe is limited.

But the armored ones are going with my Jedi costume, especially since I've already put almost $200 into them, and don't have the rest of my armor done yet. I need to justify the cost somehow, and wear them for a while before my feet grow. At the rate the rest of my armor's coming, my feet will grow and I'll have to buy new boots before I finish.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back